Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

They have probably their weakest call team I can think of on air at the moment. Nathan Brown is doing play by play calling (along with Barry Denar), Daisy Pearce has replaced Bill Brownless as special comments because he fell ill and Matt Thompson is doing the boundary. They must have really slashed the budget for their call team over the past 12 months.

They have probably their weakest call team I can think of on air at the moment. Nathan Brown is doing play by play calling (along with Barry Denar), Daisy Pearce has replaced Bill Brownless as special comments because he fell ill and Matt Thompson is doing the boundary. They must have really slashed the budget for their call team over the past 12 months.
That was because the main team was calling the st kilda v Geelong game... That call was being broadcast into Perth (among other regional areas), and only the second half was broadcast into Vic. It was Howard, Roos, Carey and Schwass doing the other match.

After having 5 weeks to asses it, Friday is pretty poor, but Saturday's are still a good listen, and Sunday is also not bad for a proper serious discussion about the game. It was sad listening to SEN on Friday night, and hearing Gaz and Spud giving it to each other for sitting in a certain expensive aeroplane seat, while huddo was sitting there quietly. I miss the days where if something like that was going on JB and Chief would join in and absolutely rip into the offender, ending in roaring, contagious laughter.

Overall, it's a shame BT can't be on a Sunday, the fact that both chief and JB aren't on Friday nights has ruined it for me, and spud not being on on Saturdays is disappointing (along with the loss of Gaz from the 2015 team). However, I've loved Paul Roos' work, as well as Chris Judd and to a lesser extend Luke Hodge.

It will be interesting to see how it goes for the rest of the year, I hope they can improve the Friday nights, though I don't see it happening too soon.

I miss Campbell Brown he had a great turn of phrase and wasn't afraid to call it how he saw it. He was my favourite.

"What about when you had a poor performance, did you feel like giving up?"

"I was only nine"

"Hmmm"

Holy Sh*t that was funny!!!

"There was some talk that romania may not have competed at the Montreal games... did that ever occur to you?"

"Ahhhh..... i dint' hear anything about this"

"Hmmm"

------------

"Plenty of fish in the sea you think"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Triple M footy on a Saturday afternoon is still great. Jb is great operator.

Friday night is terribly sad I used to love having a few beers after work get on the 8pm train listen to Jb, Chief and the boys get home sync the Tv up with radio app and put the feet up. Now I just sleep for 20 minutes get home and watch & listen to BT & Bruce which is not the name.

Given they have the rights to the China game, and that they'll have to have some sort of team to satisfy the Adelaide and Gold Coast (Gold FM, who don't take the daytime NRL shows) markets as a minimum, expect a studio based call which will sound very much cheap and cheerful.

Given they have the rights to the China game, and that they'll have to have some sort of team to satisfy the Adelaide and Gold Coast (Gold FM, who don't take the daytime NRL shows) markets as a minimum, expect a studio based call which will sound very much cheap and cheerful.

Yeah they are calling from the studio.

FiveAA are sending Stephen Rowe, Mark Bickley and Tim Giniver. They might be the only station calling at the ground?

From the MMM website:
Sunday 14 May
Gold Coast v Port Adelaide (China)
Mark Howard, Wayne Schwass, Wayne Carey, Paul Roos, Jay Clark, Michael Roberts, Ash Chua

So looks like they've got the full Sunday call team for the game. Interesting to see Michael Roberts who normally does the boundary on that list, not sure what that says about if it's in a studio or over there?

Genuinely disappointing to see the state of the commentary now. SEN with Gary and Spud is almost.. better? Huddo is a total bore but they all have good rapport and the call is professional. Triple M has the loose attitude as always but no one on air is funny OR interesting OR good at commentating.

Nathan Brown comes across as an overambitious sniper. I wouldn't be surprised if he shafted others to get his job back at Triple M

I reckon the tish between him and Tony Jones has more than a little authenticity to it. Hutchy said that Naif tried to get the hosting gig on The Sunday Footy Show, and he (Hutcho) hinted that he wasn't that happy missing out on the gig. He's too dumb.

I know people derided the Rub as blokish but I got a good chuckle out of it now and again, Spud was pretty good value. It was their schtick, maybe the Caroline Wilson incident last year was the nail in the coffin

Now MMM is just like the rest, much of a muchness.

Saturday Rub is still awesome, but the glory days of Gaz, Chief and JB on a Friday night are unfortunately long gone.

Still reckon Saturday would be improved with a Carey out, Judd in trade. Carey's a flog and a has a terrible fake laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back