Radio Triple M Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Was brilliant to listen too around 2011-2017 between 12-2 on a Saturday arvo. Spud,jb,Lyon and purple. Some of the funniest radio ever.

"It was for a small per diem."

I have enjoyed Nick Riewoldt hosting in JB's absence over the last couple of weeks. Certainly better than Montagna and Daisy Thomas.

If JB does ever pull the pin then Riewoldt would be a pretty good replacement.
He seems a natural fit to play the straight man lead.

Embarrassing tweet from Triple M Footy this morning promoting the so called 'guru' Mark Howard's call of Buddy's 1000 goal.

The vision shows them sitting in the Melbourne studio. You would think like SEN if they thought it was going to be such a great moment in history they should of been at the ground.

Embarrassing tweet from Triple M Footy this morning promoting the so called 'guru' Mark Howard's call of Buddy's 1000 goal.

The vision shows them sitting in the Melbourne studio. You would think like SEN if they thought it was going to be such a great moment in history they should of been at the ground.
Very poor, they pay lots of $$$$ for the rights to just dish that up?

Such a dead station anyway, the only good thing is The Rush Hour.

I'm getting used to them calling games off the telly, but it still bugs me a bit. I've said all this before, but Triple M are a bit slack. They don't go to the Ballarat games, and I'm pretty sure they've even called a few Kardinia Park games from Melbourne. It's also stupid when they do Queensland games from Melbourne, because they've obviously got on-air people in Brisbane. Then there was the bollockery of last year's grand final in Perth that the egomaniacs called from Melbourne, even though Dennis Cometti is over there, and I'm pretty sure he did the game into WA.

Don't get me started on the commentating on big moments thing. :grinv1: Talk about self-indulgent. I reckon Triple M and SEN talked more about the commentary than they did about Franklin, which is so messed up. Hey, Huddo, Howie, Whateley, Duke and Naif, it's about Buddy, not you w*nkers. Can anyone imagine Ian Robertson and Peter McKenna telling each other on Ch 7 how great each other's commentary was? It's Bizarro World stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've never understood why these egomaniacs on Sunday talk about themselves for two hours instead of covering the early game, especially when they have a fair idea that it’ll be a decent one. I hope their game is a dud

Last edited:
I know it isn't likely in the foreseeable future due to radio contracts, but how good would it be if someone got out the cheque book and got JB, Gary, BT, Darcy, Judd, Chief and Purple on board for a weekly podcast. 2 hours live Friday night before first bounce. Uncensored and live to do exactly what The Rub did best - talk the week in footy and hang endless s**t on one another.

A man can dream.

Maybe I'm old and it of the loop but when Juddy said the other night about he and Bec's trip to Coachella, sans kids "good to get away for a while, blow off some steam." and the others go "Okayyyy....let's move on shall we.." was that a reference to sex or drugs or both?

Maybe I'm old and it of the loop but when Juddy said the other night about he and Bec's trip to Coachella, sans kids "good to get away for a while, blow off some steam." and the others go "Okayyyy....let's move on shall we.." was that a reference to sex or drugs or both?
Probably more so that holiday snaps of Judd counting his money while Bec counts Insta followers isn't fun radio.

Was brilliant to listen too around 2011-2017 between 12-2 on a Saturday arvo. Spud,jb,Lyon and purple. Some of the funniest radio ever.

Triple M died the day Eddie made that 'drowning Caro Wilson' joke after his Queen's Birthday MND slide. Spud was already on his mental health leave I think and by the end of the year the Gaz/Nicky Brownless bomb dropped and that was the end of it.

There was literally nothing better than hearing the Chief and Sam sparring with each other on a Friday night and then Spud giving Purple/BT/Chief/JB it irits on Saturday with Wolf always telling Spud that they had been friend for years and he always had his back :tearsofjoy:.

Triple M died the day Eddie made that 'drowning Caro Wilson' joke after his Queen's Birthday MND slide. Spud was already on his mental health leave I think and by the end of the year the Gaz/Nicky Brownless bomb dropped and that was the end of it.

There was literally nothing better than hearing the Chief and Sam sparring with each other on a Friday night and then Spud giving Purple/BT/Chief/JB it irits on Saturday with Wolf always telling Spud that they had been friend for years and he always had his back :tearsofjoy:.
Exactly right. They were probably going to have to tone it down a bit anyway, but it all went to s**t from there.

They need another presenter like JB to emerge. He holds it all together and sets the tone. As much as they are trying to shoe-horn Howie in, he's not the man for the job.

A large part of that was due to most of them (Eddie aside) being ex players that had personality from the past eras where personalities were not muted and toned down to the degree they are now. BT, Chief, Wolf, Spud, Billy all from that 80's - 90s time when larrikins were okay, not frowned upon. Not sure who among today's players would make a great group in 10 years time or so.

Exactly right. They were probably going to have to tone it down a bit anyway, but it all went to s**t from there.

They need another presenter like JB to emerge. He holds it all together and sets the tone. As much as they are trying to shoe-horn Howie in, he's not the man for the job.

Spot on. Need some new guys to emerge. Why for the most part are new guys in the media absolute dweebs?

Spot on. Need some new guys to emerge. Why for the most part are new guys in the media absolute dweebs?
Being bland and not offensive seems to be the goal for most of them.

I'm sure Howie is a lovely bloke, but that's not what we listen to MMM for is it? We want ego-maniac's hanging s**t on each other!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back