Current Triple Murder Perth NE Suburbs - 19yo in custody.

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting back to the topic at hand ...ie this triple murder described by senior cops as particulary gruesome and one of the worst police have dealt with....

A few more details. Friday night police were called to the same house after calls from neighbors, where they found the son brandishing a piece of wood and trying to bash the family.

They released him Saturday from hospital and Sunday he murdered his family.

Drugs are a big factor in this family.

They are always described like that by the team prosecuting the case.

One reason is because it sets the tone for the case they want to win and the second is because it's so rare to see a murder like this in WA that most police on the scene literally haven't seen children murdered before, so it's their worst.
It also sets the tone for the '' we didnt see this coming'' after the report they attended the property 2 nights before.

It also sets the tone for the '' we didnt see this coming'' after the report they attended the property 2 nights before.
Yep. Questions will be asked of the police or medical staff for releasing him.
But nobody could predict he would go that far.

Do you want to live in a society where police can detain you without charge or court order for suspicion of danger to someone?

Examples like this would be used to bring laws like that in but it would end up being used by disgruntled partners upset about something and having their partner thrown in the hole for a week.

Mental health could do with more resources

Do you want to live in a society where police can detain you without charge or court order for suspicion of danger to someone?

Examples like this would be used to bring laws like that in but it would end up being used by disgruntled partners upset about something and having their partner thrown in the hole for a week.

Agree with the last line but there are already laws that can have the police detain you and they used it in this case. There are automatic DV orders that can result in detention.

Hopefully this is the catalyst to help the MH sector out

Agree with the last line but there are already laws that can have the police detain you and they used it in this case. There are automatic DV orders that can result in detention.

Hopefully this is the catalyst to help the MH sector out
If there is drugs involved it is much easier to sell more cash for police than it is for mental health. Politically I mean.

WA is very conservative grey, there are never enough police, always too much crime and always too much drugs - mostly on TV

An ongoing history of mental health issues with suggestion that he was turned away by health services leading up to the murders.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-...der-accused-mentally-ill-says-father/10005208

Mr Crofts said his son had been in and out of mental health facilities this year and his condition had worsened recently.

"His mother did everything she could and just in the last days, her last six months, she was still doing everything she could but his condition had blown right out," he said.

"From what I've heard, from other family members, he was rejected for whatever reasons from mental health [services] and Michelle his mum often had the police around."
The 19-year-old was reportedly turned away from a local hospital just hours before the murders occurred.

WA's Health Minister Roger Cook said all procedures would be investigated.

I heard the father interviewed on the radio and it was quite sad, he was breaking down a lot. He said his son never got diagnosed for the mental illness he has. His father described his boy, as always having exaggerated emotions, even from a young age. And it could be in the form of excessive gratitude or love for someone of something, to insane aggression over nothing.

Any Psychologists present?

Very good point and very true. I've heard many a story of scheming ex's plotting for revenge such as this.

It's not a fair world we live in, or the people that occupy it.

I heard the father interviewed on the radio and it was quite sad, he was breaking down a lot. He said his son never got diagnosed for the mental illness he has. His father described his boy, as always having exaggerated emotions, even from a young age. And it could be in the form of excessive gratitude or love for someone of something, to insane aggression over nothing.

Any Psychologists present?
Emotional dysregulation

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotional_dysregulation

Emotional dysregulation can be associated with an experience of early psychological trauma, brain injury, or chronic maltreatment (such as child abuse, child neglect, or institutional neglect/abuse), and associated disorders such as reactive attachment disorder

and can be present in people with psychiatric disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and complex post-traumatic stress disorder.[2][3] ED is also found among those with autism spectrum disorders

he could have any number of those or all, and would be magnified and intensified with his drug addiction if he had one, which from what I heard here, he did.

he could have any number of those or all, and would be magnified and intensified with his drug addiction if he had one, which from what I heard here, he did.

As Taylor suggested, and imo mental health needs far more resources. In the issue of drugs, I'm for the decriminalisation of all (personal use) and a parent/guardian needs to feel safe calling someone if they're having problems. If the kid or even adult tests positive and I'm thinking specifically of ice here, off they go. To a rehab facility. Before they end up killing someone or in jail which is essentially just warehousing for the mentally ill and drug addicted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back