Opinion Triple Position Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Different to the whole list of talls that get slotted in as a key forward, key defender and back up ruck which isn't that impressive considering the number of players who can do so - Wayne Milera is a good call for this thread.

Half back, centre square mid, small forward. Competent in all 3 spots as a young player already.

Terrible reading comprehension
It’s not hard to draw a comparison stating Levi Casboult had a good year and OP asking who are the greats, granted not a direct correlation but I posted was also heavily tongue in cheek 😘

With a number of Carlton defenders spending a large chunk of the season on the injury list, Carlton were forced to trial Levi Casboult in the backline as a 'band-aid' type fix to a team selection dilemma. Casboult proved to be more than reliable as a defender, coming 5th in Carlton's Best n' Fairest after a great season. This reinvention as defender would make Casboult a triple position player (Ruck/Fwd/Def).

This had me thinking, who are the triple position players of our game, past or present? Who is/was the best? Were there any that played 4 positions? Discuss.

Blicavs has now played 4 positions, which is just ridiculous lol.

Ruck
Mid
Defence
Wing

Man of all trades

Just when you thought he had turned into a damn solid KPD, he'd play half a dozen games in the ruck. Then drift fwd and kick a few the next month. In the last qtr of so many games he could often be spotted out on a wing running like a gazelle with ball in hand, his golden flowing locks of hair and 6 extra teeth glistening in the late afternoon sun.
The legend that is
L
R
T

for us currently moore. can play CHF, FF, CHB, FB, can pinch hit and could even play on the wing like blicavs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clement played Fwd for us around 98, kicked a few bags. Obviously played in the backline. I feel like he may of played on the wing occasionally?? Mr Consistent.

Pav & Goodes are the obvious ones. Champs wherever they went.

Darryl White played all over.

It's one thing to be versatile and another to be elite in multiple positions i.e all Australian level like Pav Goodes etc.

Burgoyne is someone who fits this
Elite clearance centerman
Elite half back
Elite half forward
Could have been elite winger
Elite medium forward at Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Back