List Mgmt. Triple threat title match. Lonie vs Kent vs Hind (poll)

Lonie v Kent v Hind

• Lonie

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Kent

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Hind

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you can carry 4 'non-tall' forwards on the list next year with it's expected reduction.
On that basis, it surely has to be Butler, Lonie, Hind and Kent.
Langlands and Phillips have shown the ability to play there but both are primarily more wings, and both will also be at risk with deep list cuts coming.

I think the question shows where we're at as club. We have 3 players there, none of whom have a complete game. I'd say Lonie at his best, is the best as his pressure is top 3 in the league. However I'd say Hind offers more around the ground/in transition but he ball-watches too much. Kent I think his baseline/average is better than the other two, but he's got more of a hard ceiling. They all stay on the list, but I'd suspect ilat end 2021 two of them go - possibly all 3 if none expand their game.

Kent and Lonie have alot more games on Hind. Like Kent but who knows what Hind will be like with as many games as the others.

Small forward is a tough position to play so you’re not always going to get plenty of the ball but as long as you’re putting pressure on you’re doing your job as boring as it sounds. You need speed when the ball hits the deck especially when you play three talls so there’ll most likely always be at least two of those guys playing with Butler but if it did I think Kent would get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but feel we are pretty well stocked here... I think that they're all up to the level and that that competition for spots is perfectly balanced. For me it also goes Butler, Kent, then Hind/Lonie and then Parker. Clearly pressure is there to perform from week to week... but i feel this area has proven to be a strength this year for us.

Not really much between those 3. Voted Hind as I still think he may have more upside.
Only played a few senior AFL games. :oops:

There really is so little between the 3 and even Parker if you go off last year's form.

All go through good patches but none have been able to take that next step.

They all play similar roles, find the footy in similar places and all have similar stats.

Out of the three I actually think Hind has the most upside, but hasn't shown the consistency needed.

Lonie doesn't have the speed of the other two but I think he's got a better footy brain and finds himself in good spots which was evident last week. He's also the youngest of the lot.

Kent has probably been the best performed this year.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, just hope one can step up.

As good as it would be if one did, it's also handy knowing we have the depth there that means they are fighting for spots.

Can't help but feel we are pretty well stocked here... I think that they're all up to the level and that that competition for spots is perfectly balanced. For me it also goes Butler, Kent, then Hind/Lonie and then Parker. Clearly pressure is there to perform from week to week... but i feel this area has proven to be a strength this year for us.
What i think we have is one good and four average players , only Butler is a walk up the rest are pretty much the same quality , id have Kent next and then to the sale yards with the rest of the stock , surly they will make someone a nice pet

He might be 30 by then. He has had 7 years of senior footy. They are different in how they play but much for muchness in ability.
So Country Footy is the same as Afl. ? Ever watched Clunes Play or a Ballarat League game. Not the same. Not Seven years at the Afl standard like the others are close to

So none of them will improve , may aswell look for some others then. Why waste time with them ? Is that correct?
Probably. Most likely. Doesn’t mean it’s wasting time. Their standard now might be the best we get. That could be good enough. Not many players go from average to a star at that age. I’m sure you will find a few but you could probably find a few thousand that haven’t.

Have you forgotten his 2 games. He is last of the 5 surely.
Personally think Parker has the scope to best of the lot by a decent margin.. His 1st season i would say he was easily best of the lot. This season based on performance I would say Kent, Hind, Lonie then Parker but not too much between each. Kent and Hind have both had great games and bad games. Lonie has had good games and bad games. Parker has had a couple of bad games

Back