List Mgmt. Triple threat title match. Lonie vs Kent vs Hind (poll)

Lonie v Kent v Hind

• Lonie

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Kent

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Hind

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hind looked electric against the Swans and I can honestly barely recall seeing him since then.

Lonie is skilled but too small. Tackles get shrugged off to easily.

Kent is overweight and goes missing 2 out of 3 weeks.

Last edited:

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
None of them look up to it at the moment. I'd bring in Langlands and rotate him through forward/mid along with Billings, Sinclair and Phillips. Butler as the sole full time small forward

Sep 22, 2015
Hovering above you...
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham
Lonie is more consistent than Hind. He averages more goals a game this year and also score involvements.

However Hind plays 1 blinder every 8 games.

I would however be picking Parker over Both of them.

Kent has cemented his spot in the side this year and has been the most consistent out of the lot.

CarnTheSAINTERS

All Australian
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lonie is more consistent than Hind. He averages more goals a game this year and also score involvements.

However Hind plays 1 blinder every 8 games.

I would however be picking Parker over Both of them.

Kent has cemented his spot in the side this year and has been the most consistent out of the lot.
Personally i think Kent really hasn’t done much lately.

Lonie will be back in this weekend - in my not-very-informed opinion.
We missed his forward pressure and smarts.
Size is a problem, but Hind has been disappointing of late.

Last edited:

_Maximus_12

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Hind has the highest ceiling as we’ve seen in the Gold Coast & Sydney Swans games. Needs to be more involved in games though.
Kent is the most reliable but is just A plodder.
Lonie does nothing well, but nothing terribly except for the fact he’s pretty slow for a small forward and regularly gets beaten to the ball.

None of them are world beaters and unless Hind develops greater consistency, none of them ever will be.
We need to bring in 3 more mids and send JB & Gresh forward more.

PostmanBish

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can Kent get back in and keep Lonie out?

To be honest, I think Lonie+Higgins+Butler show signs of being a formidable "pest brigade" - Higgins in particular has a really cocky vibe about him, and Lonie always looks like he's trying to get under his opponent's skin (kinda like the annoying yappy dog who annoys the big dog until it reacts).

Lonie might even be more effective now that Higgins is around, because you just can't cover King+Membrey+Battle+Butler+Higgins+Lonie without someone getting loose, and that's without the guys who can rotate forward and snag goals.

They all love to kick a goal, and all do things slightly differently, while Kent's ability to disappear really counts against him. Going to be an uphill slog for him to get back in, barring injuries.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kent is absolutely useless. I'm very glad that we brought in Higgins to replace him. Lonie is in a good patch of form and here's hoping he can keep it up, but I have my doubts over his ability to be effective against top opposition.

Hind looked great for Essendon at half back in round one. Wish we have him a chance in his natural position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Kent is good enough to be a contributor for a poor AFL side or a star in the state leagues.

We have moved past him.

Billings, Butler, Higgins and Gresham should be our main players rotating through the positions Kent would be looking at.

Form and team balance would influence whether Lonie gets a gig or whether we prefer another mid.

We would need to be decimated by injuries or at least have all of Butler, Billings and Higgins out for him to have a spot.

Back