Trivia question/Problem

Remove this Banner Ad

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
My brother and I were having some footy banter the other day, about whose team was worst at drafting. Anyway, I think I checkmated him with this and I thought I'd post it on here as a trivia/problem solving question.

In three seperate drafts, his club passed up on three superstars who ended up being selected with picks that were DIRECTLY AFTER his club's picks. These three players ended up with the following combined career stats (I won't say whether they're current players or not):

- 703 games
- 1558 goals
- 2 Premierships
- 1 Brownlow Medal
- 9 Club Best & Fairest's
- 13 All Australian's
- 2 Leigh Matthews Trophy's
- 3 Coleman Medal's

Tell me his club, the three players his club picked, and the three superstars picked straight after.

Last edited:

Kaneda

Debutant
Mar 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
My brother and I were having some footy banter the other day, about whose team was worst at drafting. Anyway, I think I checkmated him with this and I thought I'd post it on here as a trivia/problem solving question.

In three seperate drafts, his club passed up on three superstars who ended up being selected with picks that were DIRECTLY AFTER his club's picks. These three players ended up with the following combined career stats (I won't say whether they're current players or not):

- 703 games
- 1558 goals
- 2 Premierships
- 1 Brownlow Medal
- 9 Club Best & Fairest's
- 13 All Australian's
- 2 Leigh Matthews Trophy's
- 3 Coleman Medal's

Tell me his club, the three players his club picked, and the three superstars picked straight after.

- Richmond
- Fiora, Tambling, Griffiths
- Pavlich, Franklin, Fyfe

Thanks, that was good, but it does show that I've got way too much time on my hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back