Trivia time!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worbod

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
What is the connection between the highest ODI scores of Tendulkar, Sehwag and Rohit Sharma?
I reckon I have just figured it out. I went onto Cricinfo to look at the ball by ball commentary. I thought all three players may have been dropped before they had scored. Then it struck me that all three, whilst creating new record individual scores for an ODI, also played in matches where India's winning margin was 153 runs.

STFU Donnie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
They all broke the record at the time for highest ODI score didn’t they?
That is true, but it's not what I'm looking for. The answer I seek is far more remarkable!
I reckon I have just figured it out. I went onto Cricinfo to look at the ball by ball commentary. I thought all three players may have been dropped before they had scored. Then it struck me that all three, whilst creating new record individual scores for an ODI, also played in matches where India's winning margin was 153 runs.
Correct. Remarkable, that the new record ODI scores would all be set in matches decided by the exact same margin!

In a similar (identical) vein, the 1997 ODI series between Australia and England all had the same margin - England won by six wickets. But even more remarkably, in all three matches the winning runs were struck by Adam Hollioake.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers
What was significant about the World Cup match between England and South Africa at the Oval on 22 May 1999?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

worbod

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thought this was too obscure to make it a question. I recently watched the movie Not Without My Daughter, where Sally Field plays a woman who is married to an Iranian man. In the movie their daughter is named Mahtob, which is Botham spelled backwards.

big_e

Premiership Player
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers, 76ers

STFU Donnie

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton
I won't make this a question, just put it out for people who missed it at the time to enjoy. It concerns the (in)famous test between Australia and South Africa in late 2011.

Just after 11 o'clock on day three SA were 1/125 chasing 236 for victory.

This meant that at precisely 11:11 on 11/11/11, they needed 111 to win.

Top Bottom