Trivia time!

Remove this Banner Ad

as someone who loved marcus north, that was a stinker of a miss from me
I loved him too. I was watching his test debut in South Africa at a pub with some mates. He tucked an awkward rising delivery at his ribs (first ball from memory) away for a single with apparent ease and I declared that he'd make a hundred

as someone who loved marcus north, that was a stinker of a miss from me
I only missed Slater because I assumed he went out in the 90's

I reckon I would have been able to get all of them if I didn’t have to do it in order. Without looking did anyone struggle with a Queensland batsman with a four letter last name?
he’d have been the most obscure I reckon

I reckon I would have been able to get all of them if I didn’t have to do it in order. Without looking did anyone struggle with a Queensland batsman with a four letter last name?
You don't have to do them in order.

I thought of him but didn’t put him in. Assumed he was 90s

I got 34
Missed some obvious ones. Katich, Lehmann, Jaques and Maxwell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anything for me the timing of his century being his last test innings helped me

im On a desktop at work, if you go to competitions or whatever the menu is at the top, the drop-down has ‘quizzes’ and there’s pages and pages of them.

one name keeps tripping me up in a lot of them - Samaraweera. Hard to think of a more underrated player
Younis Khan and Mohammed Yousuf immediately spring to mind as just as underrated.

Younis Khan and Mohammed Yousuf immediately spring to mind as just as underrated.

Younis definitely - though he’s rated a lot higher than Samaraweera, rightly as he was a better batsman.

but yeah for some reason when I think of the gun SL bats the real obvious ones like Sanga, the two Jayas, De Silva, even Dilshan, Attapattu and Hashan Tilleketatne pop into mind but I always forget Samaraweera. Didn’t do a great deal out of Asia admittedly

Younis definitely - though he’s rated a lot higher than Samaraweera, rightly as he was a better batsman.

but yeah for some reason when I think of the gun SL bats the real obvious ones like Sanga, the two Jayas, De Silva, even Dilshan, Attapattu and Hashan Tilleketatne pop into mind but I always forget Samaraweera. Didn’t do a great deal out of Asia admittedly
Sangakkara possibly the most underrated of them all. Has just as good a record, if not better, than Lara, Kallis, Ponting and Sachin yet never gets mentioned in that conversation.

Sangakkara possibly the most underrated of them all. Has just as good a record, if not better, than Lara, Kallis, Ponting and Sachin yet never gets mentioned in that conversation.
The perils of playing for an out of the spotlight side I suppose.

not that he’s on the same scale as sangakkara but a guy like kemar Roach is a huge forgotten figure of current bowlers because he’s out of sight out of mind

Remove this Banner Ad

Back