Trivia time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Another popular pub question is regarding Australia's 11 pairs, thus far, of 'test match' cricketing brothers.

I'll provided 7, including the first 4 and the latest 3. Prefer you not use Mr Google's assistance if you can while completing the list - and in roughly date of appearance/era order if you can?

1. Ned and Dave Gregory

2. Charles and Alec Bannerman

3. Bob and Charlie McLeod

4. George and Walter Giffen

6. Neil and Merv Harvey (big_e)

9. Ian and Greg Chappell

10. Steve and Mark Waugh

11. Shaun and Mitchell Marsh

NB, the above list is from one of my library of books in a chapter called 'famous brothers' and should be accurate/complete - but I can't be faaaarked undertaking the research to double check...
John and Richie Benaud

Another popular pub question is regarding Australia's 11 pairs, thus far, of 'test match' cricketing brothers.

I'll provided 7, including the first 4 and the latest 3. Prefer you not use Mr Google's assistance if you can while completing the list - and in roughly date of appearance/era order if you can?

1. Ned and Dave Gregory

9. Ian and Greg Chappell

10. Steve and Mark Waugh

NB, the above list is from one of my library of books in a chapter called 'famous brothers' and should be accurate/complete - but I can't be faaaarked undertaking the research to double check...
Ian and Trevor Chappell
Trevor and Greg Chappell

Ahem.

1. Ned and Dave Gregory

6. Neil and Merv Harvey (big_e)

9. Ian and Greg Chappell

10. Steve and Mark Waugh

I am assuming that this is Men's Cricket only?

OK people, only two sets of brothers remain - they are toughies, so I've updated original post/list with hints...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic Richardson perhaps?
Bit more info on Victor. Victor himself was a fine SANFL footballer. He was a 3 time premiership player for Sturt and Captain-Coach of them before the majority of his cricketing career. Played Test cricket at the same time as winning his final premiership for Sturt in 1926.

OK, complete, final list updated, well done all those who may or not have used Mr Google - and feel free to advise if you know of anymore 'Australian test brothers', up to 12 now....?

Last edited:
Bit more info on Victor. Victor himself was a fine SANFL footballer. He was a 3 time premiership player for Sturt and Captain-Coach of them before the majority of his cricketing career. Played Test cricket at the same time as winning his final premiership for Sturt in 1926.
Also state lacrosse player and tennis champion. Total freak.

Sorry my bad, you still need to name the brothers on the list at 5. I have updated again with a hint.

EDIT, just read FredLeDeux post - yes Billy and Hugh Trumble, well done...ALL DONE - Someone else have a turn with a question.....?

Last edited:
Don't forget national and state rep in Baseball, like Ian and Greg, and great-grandson Jon.

Also a state rep in golf, basketball and swimming.

I'm surprised noone mentioned that he was a Magarey Medallist.

Also represented SA and Aus in baseball. And represented SA in golf.

As you say, total freak.

I'm surprised noone mentioned that he was a Magarey Medallist.

Also represented SA and Aus in baseball. And represented SA in golf.

As you say, total freak.
Sorry, I forgot.

Is amazingly not in the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame from what I can see. Could also have a case to be in the Australian Football Hall of Fame as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back