Trivia time!

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, always got to approach Test matches thinking need 20 wickets to try to win. It is amazing how some sides over time are not picked with that in mind. Poms at times in early 80's used to pick off spinners that contained batsmen rather than wicket tackers and showed drawing Test matches as safe approach never far from their mind. Phil Edmonds and John Emburey, FMD. What the Poms were doing picking Sam Curran as front line bowler in Test a few weeks back was mind boggling.

Curran had taken 11 wickets at 23 in his only proper series before that match. They misread the pitch so picking him as the only quick alongside Anderson was a mistake but in theory he’d done enough to earn selection.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Curran had taken 11 wickets at 23 in his only proper series before that match. They misread the pitch so picking him as the only quick alongside Anderson was a mistake but in theory he’d done enough to earn selection.
Forget theory, FFS. Was practically flawed from start. He is military medium and even Tom Curran would have been a better choice. How Sam Curran was picked before Wood or Broad is incredible to start with.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Forget theory, FFS. Was practically flawed from start. He is military medium and even Tom Curran would have been a better choice. How Sam Curran was picked before Wood or Broad is incredible to start with.

He bowls the same speed as Jason Holder mate. If they thought it was going to swing - which is how he gets his wickets - then they had every reason to pick him. The problem was that it wasn’t going to swing enough to make him effective, it was a pitch for bounce bowlers.

It would not surprise me one iota if Curran is one of the biggest thorns in the side of Australia come Ashes time.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
He bowls the same speed as Jason Holder mate.
Who gives a s**t mate. Holder has height and bounce way more than this medium pacer. Windies got their allrounder Holder. England - Stokes. England trying a second one as part of their 4 main bowlers was just Dumb with capital D. Might get away with such stupid s**t in English conditions friendly for his types but a joke he was picked when a front line strike bowler was the need. Btw, it is a ******* trivia thread. We wasting our time on him. Find some info on Ashley Nurse for him to do with family tree. Do something useful on trivia mate.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Who gives a s**t mate. Holder has height and bounce way more than this medium pacer. Windies got their allrounder Holder. England - Stokes. England trying a second one as part of their 4 main bowlers was just Dumb with capital D. Might get away with such stupid s**t in English conditions friendly for his types but a joke he was picked when a front line strike bowler was the need. Btw, it is a ******* trivia thread. We wasting our time on him. Find some info on Ashley Nurse for him to do with family tree. Do something useful on trivia mate.

If you’re that hung up on the subject of the thread, why pump out 4 pars on the nuances and drawbacks of selecting John emburey and Phil Edmonds.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
There is no evidence that they are related.

Many names in the Caribbean are relatively uncommon in the west but are regular in the islands. Holder being an obvious one. Chamar, Jason and Roland are all unrelated.
Reon and Collis King are unrelated.
Rawl and Evan Lewis.
Ryan and Wavell Hinds.

There is no evidence that they are related.

Many names in the Caribbean are relatively uncommon in the west but are regular in the islands. Holder being an obvious one. Chamar, Jason and Roland are all unrelated.
Reon and Collis King are unrelated.
Rawl and Evan Lewis.
Ryan and Wavell Hinds.
The three Greenidges are insulted at the lack of mention here!

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yes, there was another Greenidge when the great Gordon was playing for real West Indies team in World Series Cricket. Interestingly when WSC season was not on some of WSC contracted Windies played back with their Test team. Not sure what Paki players like Imran Khan were doing in relation to their own Test side back then. I think Jeff Thomson played against West Indies when our WSC season was over against the full strength Windies team and Thommo left with no help from WSC Aussies as our players were not allowed to play for Test team at time.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I'm glad you got the Hamburg reference.

Here is a more relevant reason for me to post on the Trivia thread. I created a Sporcle quiz recently filled with non-cricketing celebrities striking cricket poses. It might interest a few of you.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/worbod/non-cricket-celebrities

Sorry, only see Richard Branson. No other pics there to see. His footwork is shocking. Totally unbalanced playing that shot. If I did not get him out 5 times in an over I would be upset. Lehmo, if this is type of stuff you putting up with Fevola on channel 9, count me out as a viewer.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
I presume you have played quizzes on Sporcle before? You need to click "Play Quiz" and then type in the surname of the person you see. When you get a right answer the next person appears seconds later. OR you can skip a person by clicking on the next number if you don't know. I have had a go at playing it through the link I provided and it seems to work. Otherwise you can copy and paste the link into your address bar.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
I presume you have played quizzes on Sporcle before? You need to click "Play Quiz" and then type in the surname of the person you see. When you get a right answer the next person appears seconds later. OR you can skip a person by clicking on the next number if you don't know. I have had a go at playing it through the link I provided and it seems to work. Otherwise you can copy and paste the link into your address bar.
Got 27, loved the Ollie Reed picture.
What connects W.H. Cooper who played 2 Tests in the 1880s and Paul Sheehan?

STFU Donnie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Chiefs Kingdom
Got 27, loved the Ollie Reed picture.
What connects W.H. Cooper who played 2 Tests in the 1880s and Paul Sheehan?

Great grandfather, and it's Sheahan.

What is the connection between the highest ODI scores of Tendulkar, Sehwag and Rohit Sharma?

Last edited:
Back