Trivia time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not an actual question, but trivial:

Pat Cummins has currently bowled 7734 balls in Test cricket. When you type that number into a calculator and turn it upside down it reads: hELL

No-one will get it so I will give the answer.

It's something I noticed last season. I checked with someone "in the know" to see if I was right, which I was.

He is the only player for Tassie in the history of the Sheffield Shield to have batted at number 11 with a first-class hundred under his belt at the time.

One other player has batted number 11 for Tassie who subsequently scored f-c hundreds, but he didn't have one at the time. That was Franklyn Stephenson.

I am coming into the thread rather late so hope this has not been used before.

Both Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar share the record of scoring the most number of tons against England by an Indian player..7. But why is this fact so extraordinary.

I had no idea, so I did a bit of a Statsguru look to see if anything popped up.

How about - the total runs scored in those centuries was 982 - each. :cool:

Where did you find that one? I imagine an Indian stats site.

Cant tell you as I will use site again.

Yes both scored a coincidental 982 runs apiece. But that is only part of the answer.

Cant tell you as I will use site again.

Yes both scored a coincidental 982 runs apiece. But that is only part of the answer.
Same amount of double centuries too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am coming into the thread rather late so hope this has not been used before.

Both Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar share the record of scoring the most number of tons against England by an Indian player..7. But why is this fact so extraordinary.

I’m going to have a blind stab here and say:

all 14 of those tons came in games where they were both playing, but they never scored a century in the same test?

I’m going to have a blind stab here and say:

all 14 of those tons came in games where they were both playing, but they never scored a century in the same test?
Good stab but no cigar.

Yeah - it's probably a site that has 500 million Indian fans poring over it trying to extract the tiniest trivial fact - what are my chances of finding it?
Dont think it is an Indian site. I found it.
Having another guess?

None were made while Captain?
Perhaps but that is not answer. In your first reply post you answered both scored exactly 982 runs each. Clue: you have part of the answer.

Last edited:
An excerpt of something trivial I have just noticed in my copy of Wisden 2005, page 1616:

Nine cricketers were arrested for dancing nude in the rain on the cricket pitch at Hwange, Zimbabwe. The cricketers were dancing nude during celebrations marking the anniversary of the Wankie Cricket Club.

An excerpt of something trivial I have just noticed in my copy of Wisden 2005, page 1616:

Nine cricketers were arrested for dancing nude in the rain on the cricket pitch at Hwange, Zimbabwe. The cricketers were dancing nude during celebrations marking the anniversary of the Wankie Cricket Club.
The Wankie Cricket Club in Hwange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back