Trivial things people do that get on your nerves

Remove this Banner Ad

... I don't understand.

“That’s just” is all relative
$5 might not be much to you
But to someone else it’s a fortune
So they shouldn’t be dismissive of the cost and imply it’s cheap

People on the phone who say, "I'll just grab your details." Worked with someone who had to make and take a lot of calls and ALWAYS said that without fail.
images

Also, "What was your name?" instead of "What IS your name?" I suppose maybe they might've changed it.....?

People on the phone who say, "I'll just grab your details." Worked with someone who had to make and take a lot of calls and ALWAYS said that without fail.
images

Also, "What was your name?" instead of "What IS your name?" I suppose maybe they might've changed it.....?
Linguistic shortcuts

'What was your name' is short for ' what was the name you gave me as I was busy with other details'' as opposed to ' what is your name'' which is ' i dont care enough about you to even guess if you said your name or not'

You can have the top one

I HATE it when people say I've forgotten your name. Soooo rude. When i forget someones name i won't announce it just will still talk to them. Sometimes someone else will say their name. The next person that says it I'll just say oh well it obviously wasn't important enough for you to remember it.

I HATE it when people say I've forgotten your name. Soooo rude. When i forget someones name i won't announce it just will still talk to them. Sometimes someone else will say their name. The next person that says it I'll just say oh well it obviously wasn't important enough for you to remember it.
Doesn't hurt to be honest - sorry, I didn't catch your first name. There are lots of friendly ways of doing it without causing offence, it all depends on the manner of saying it.

Doesn't hurt to be honest - sorry, I didn't catch your first name. There are lots of friendly ways of doing it without causing offence, it all depends on the manner of saying it.
Im talking about when you've told them your name already sometimes more than once.

I'm a very nervous person especially on the phone. If it's someone whose details I need to keep I need to make sure I've got them properly. I'm too busy thinking "how much trouble am I in with this person?"

A few years ago I had to change butchers and the new butcher I went to asked me my name and he told me his and he said he's really good with names and wouldn't forget it. He was bloody right too. Every single time he says g'day using my name and because I'm hopeless with names I of course forgot his instantly. Fast forward a few years and I'm still saying how are ya mate/thanks mate/see ya mate in reply wondering if he knows..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When people talk about doing stuff in high school when discussing a topic with people who have studied the same subject at a tertiary level.

"Oh yeah, I did Year 12 Bio so I definitely know about marine biology, let me try to explain something to you."

"I remember doing that novel in Year 12 Lit and what I think is (some utter nonsense)"

I often become quite rude when this happens. If it's a busy area and someone is walking slow, if I see a gap I will dart out to the side and sneak back in front of them.
Oh yeah, me too. Where I get off, the walkway is quite narrow and it fits two people, if you've got two slow walkers next to each other you're in strife.

I swear under my breath and just think HURRY THE * UP OR MOVE YOU TWATS.

It's even worse when they can't walk in a straight line. Slow walking, zig zagging campaigners
What is worse is when two people are walking slowly abreast AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER.

Oh yeah, me too. Where I get off, the walkway is quite narrow and it fits two people, if you've got two slow walkers next to each other you're in strife.

I swear under my breath and just think HURRY THE **** UP OR MOVE YOU TWATS.

What is worse is when two people are walking slowly abreast AND THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW EACH OTHER.
Or they're talking to each other and see you coming but still make you veer off the sidewalk because the dumb ____s can't walk single file.

And yes I will walk behind my companion when the shoe is on the other foot.

Or they're talking to each other and see you coming but still make you veer off the sidewalk because the dumb ____s can't walk single file.

And yes I will walk behind my companion when the shoe is on the other foot.

This is my biggest gripe. It amazes me how many can’t grasp that a footpath is similar to a road - left and right lanes. The number of people who are walking two abreast who refuse to make room for anyone coming in the opposite direction blows my mind - ultimate rudeness

This is my biggest gripe. It amazes me how many can’t grasp that a footpath is similar to a road - left and right lanes. The number of people who are walking two abreast who refuse to make room for anyone coming in the opposite direction blows my mind - ultimate rudeness

same in the supermarket, push your trolley on the left hand side, dont walk side by side with a trolley each, where the * are you meant to walk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back