Opinion Troy Menzel - Where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Infra Ted

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jan 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
At the risk of him having a great last half (I doubt it) he looks like a flop. Has actually regressed from his promising Carlton days. Loses his feet, can't kick, turnover machine, doesn't get his hands on the ball anywhere near enough. He can do the murcurial occasionally but there's no substance to back it up.

I contemplated naming this thread 'Troy Menzel - delist material?' but thought against it. The question needs to be asked though.

He has put in effort and intent to half time. I think he's trying too hard and over thinking in an attempt to stay in the side, which is costing him skill wise.

Needs a run of games to see if he can gain composure at AFL level

He has put in effort and intent to half time. I think he's trying too hard and over thinking in an attempt to stay in the side, which is costing him skill wise.

Needs a run of games to see if he can gain composure at AFL level
Agreed. That is the best course of action to see if he can improve. ATS things are looking dire.

His intent is definitely there but as I said you need substance to back it up.

Agreed. That is the best course of action to see if he can improve. ATS things are looking dire.

His intent is definitely there but as I said you need substance to back it up.

I said it at the time, but dropping him twice has been a mistake. We need to back him in for a run of games, THEN decide if he's not up to it

no point giving Menzel the Tambling treatment.

Mackay's spot is available, let's give the guy a few games to find his feet and see what he can do against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Embarrassing thread...contributed more that 10 other blokes so far.
He is performing no where near his level of supposed talent. The trade is in its early days but is looking a bust ATS.

This question needs to be asked.

He is performing no where near his level of supposed talent. The trade is in its early days but is looking a bust ATS.

remember when we weren't too sure about Cameron and Walsh was playing him anyway?

glad we showed patience there.

The question needs to be asked once he is afforded a string of games to weed out nerves and gain some sort of composure.

He is playing like a guy full of nerves and uncertainty just like Wigg did in the JLT.

remember when we weren't too sure about Cameron and Walsh was playing him anyway?

glad we showed patience there.
Cameron was performing to a higher degree than Menzel is right now. He always looked very promising.

Not sure that's very comparable.

Think he's actually coming along. Skills just need improve. His kicking at goal and passing isn't what I expect.
How can you have that opinion? He had 4 disposals in his last game. Yes he's been better tonight but still very average.

Cameron was performing to a higher degree than Menzel is right now. He always looked very promising.

Not sure that's very comparable.
no he wasn't, you've got the rose tinted glasses on. Cameron had plenty of quiet games, and plenty of people on here wondering if it was time to drop him back for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back