Past Troy Menzel

Remove this Banner Ad

Wingard used to be 19 but he's 20 now. Good player no doubt but I still have to applaud Menzel.

Remember that he could hardly walk in December last year and didn't start kicking until February. Has gone OK.

My bad, the first search that came up on google has Wingards birthday listed as 29 September 1993. PA club website has it as 29 July, which would make him 20.

Dont get me wrong. Menzel is going to be an absolute start. I just think Wingard is jet aswell

Wingard is a tad over rated, good player but no need for people to cream their pants over him, i would take Menzel over him any day.

still can't believe Menzel fell to us that low in the draft

Overrated? He has deserved every bit of praise he's received this season. Massive improvement over last year and a genuine A grade player. Similar player to Menzel in a lot of ways, and Menzel has started off very well. Heres hoping he shows the same improvement next year that Wingard did this year.

I may be biased but I think he could be the best player in 5 years to come from this draft. Obviously Daniher will be up there. I know now be is only getting few touches per game but be is so classy and his hands are so good. Had two crucial disposals and pick ups in that port game. I'm excited to watch what happens

I may be biased but I think he could be the best player in 5 years to come from this draft. Obviously Daniher will be up there. I know now be is only getting few touches per game but be is so classy and his hands are so good. Had two crucial disposals and pick ups in that port game. I'm excited to watch what happens

He's an exciting prospect, isn't he?

Don't know about the best from that draft as there's plenty of quality there but he's an enormous talent.

Is already having an impact at senior level without the fitness base to match the skill or the effort. Can't wait to see the improvements in his game with at least one preseason in the legs.

Could well be the best player at the club in the next few years. He's a special talent.

The things he can do in two steps. The goal against the tigers, the pick up and give against port. Imagine when he's fit and able to make a bit of space for himself.

The glimpses he has shown this year make him a very exciting prospect.

2013 Review: Troy Menzel

LINK

Troy Menzel (#2)
GAMES
Senior: 7
VFL: 11

GOALS
Senior: 8
VFL: 15

KEY AFL STATISTICS (averages in brackets)
Disposals: 51 (7.3) Marks: 19 (2.7) Tackles: 13 (1.9) Inside 50s: 9 (1.29) Contested Marks: 4 (0.57) Contested Possessions: 20 (2.86) Goal Assists: 4 (0.57) Marks Inside 50: 9 (1.29)

LINK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Convinced in two or three years he'll be our best player.

You are not alone in thinking along that path.

Menzel is a special talent and it would not surprise me in the slightest should the above eventuate.

Can seriously play and that will become even clearer with a greater fitness base behind him.

There is no reason why he can't cement a place in our best side as early as next season.

Will he be able to push up into the midfield soon?

We've already seen him begin to push up the ground towards the end of the season.

Clearly the long term goal is for Menz to be a contributor all over the park, and that will become closer to a permanent reality once Troy has the fitness base to match the talent.

We've already seen him begin to push up the ground towards the end of the season.

Clearly the long term goal is for Menz to be a contributor all over the park, and that will become closer to a permanent reality once Troy has the fitness base to match the talent.
steve johnson-like?

steve johnson-like?

He could be quite like Stevie J with his skills actually, except sometimes SJ makes the hard look easy, and well, the easy look hard, he's just one of those players.

Whereas Troy doesn't strike me as that type; I think he can do the freakish things but also the basics fairly consistently.

Noticed a picture from his instaram that Troy was having surgery. Anyone know what for? When he'll be back to training?

Never mind, I just looked again #hipsurgery.

Hoping It's just a clean out and he can be back to full training buy the pre a season camp (Arizona)

Noticed a picture from his instaram that Troy was having surgery. Anyone know what for? When he'll be back to training?

Never mind, I just looked again #hipsurgery.

Hoping It's just a clean out and he can be back to full training buy the pre a season camp (Arizona)
Probably the same one that all our boys get. He should get a very large chunk of preseason in.....touch wood

Two touches of class in the last, the above and the sheppard coming off the flank to clear for Gibbs who kicked to Waite for the sealer.
Looks like the kid can play a bit.

Certainly can play.
Think he summed it up pretty well at the B&F - just wants to get a full preseason under his belt.
Is one of the players i'll be keeping an eye on over the Summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back