Troy Pannell is retiring! thank f*** for that!

Jun 29, 2004
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
A mate of mine knows Pannell due to the fact he frequents a pub that he works at.

One year at a local country cup race meeting, he introduced Troy to myself and another mate of mine. We'd all had a few and my mate went to the bar to get another round. He came back carrying 3 beers and before he could hand them out, he dropped one and spilt it all over Troy Pannell's suit pants.

He stormed off looking real filthy. I would have felt bad, but * that guy.

A mate of mine knows Pannell due to the fact he frequents a pub that he works at.

One year at a local country cup race meeting, he introduced Troy to myself and another mate of mine. We'd all had a few and my mate went to the bar to get another round. He came back carrying 3 beers and before he could hand them out, he dropped one and spilt it all over Troy Pannell's suit pants.

He stormed off looking real filthy. I would have felt bad, but **** that guy.
A worthy sacrifice of a beer.

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Remember him as that out of bounds deliberate guy in 2012 I think where he just had to keep paying it all game because he paid a stupid one to Geelong early in the game.

Would prefer it to have been Nicholls but its a start.

Oct 20, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pompey
This is the best news i've heard all day. Now just need Dean Maggots to retire as well.

When they do, Maybe Essendon will actually win a free kick count (those 2 hated us) and there will be no more "Free Kick Hawthorn Bullshit" (again, Parnell and Maggots both have hard on's for Hawthorn)
This idea that umpires play favours between clubs is frankly ridiculous.

Of course we think that we're getting the rough end of it when we're watching our club - but I suspect that our definite bias as diehard supporters is a stronger force than a biased umpire...

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

He stormed off looking real filthy. I would have felt bad, but **** that guy.
Bullshit, you made that up.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Like nearly every AFL umpire, I wouldn't have a clue who he was or know what he looked like TBH. Can't see them on tele 99% of the time when they're making calls, and I'm not petty enough to really take note of who made what call and when for future grudge-holding purposes.

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Good to see he's going. As bad as he is...or was, we had an Ump over here in the WAFL that was arguably worse. He went by the name of Parry.
Absolutely no effing idea. Worst ump I've seen at any level.

greekstyler

Debutant
Aug 16, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Was anyone else glad when he was knocked out a few years back at Etihad by Malceski from Sydney? Used to absolutely crucify Essendon!

PurpleHornet

Senior List
May 9, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
This is Big Footy mate not year 12 algebra!
Mate, I don’t know where you went to school, but 9 x 3 does not constitute advanced maths.

Btw, if anyone is interested there are 36 field umpires on the AFL list. Maybe the AFL can issue trading cards or something....

Back