• Definitely not Janus

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitely Janus

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how many people in this thread were in that sacristy that day and know he's a pedophile its scary how similar this discussion is to this.

He’s a ******* pedo, who protected other pedos.

he payed his way out.

i hope he rots in your hell.

haha 'he payed his way out' I hope you never have the gall to criticize Alex Jones fans, if you cannot come up with something better than that you are probably wrong.

Amazing how many people in this thread were in that sacristy that day and know he's a pedophile its scary how similar this discussion is to this.
The person he abused told a jury what happened. And they believed the victim.
The Victorian Court of Appeals also upheld the conviction.
The High Court Judges also said the victim was very believable, but because a couple of other priests said it didn't happen, then he should be found not guilty.

I dunno.

I was a juror on a pedophilia trial. We found the defendant guilty on 4 of 14 charges. It basically came down to the plausibility of the acts based on the victims statements and her consistency of story to the multiple witnesses she disclosed to.

I don't understand how a jury could overcome the amount of reasonable doubt that would have been present to reach a guilty verdict but a few judges can throw it out?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

The High Court Judges also said the victim was very believable, but because a couple of other priests said it didn't happen, then he should be found not guilty.

or that there was reasonable doubt.

The High Court found that the jury, acting rationally on the whole of the evidence, ought to have entertained a doubt as to the applicant's guilt with respect to each of the offences for which he was convicted

Weinberg JA dissented, concluding that, by reason of the unchallenged evidence of the opportunity witnesses, the jury,acting rationally on the whole of the evidence, ought to have had a reasonable doubt.

The High Court considered that, while the Court of Appeal majority assessed the evidence of the opportunity witnesses as leaving open the possibility that the complainant's account was correct, their Honours' analysis failed to engage with the question of whether there remained a reasonable possibility that the offending had not taken place, such that there ought to have been a reasonable doubt as to the applicant's guilt. The unchallenged evidence of the opportunity witnesses was 7April2020 inconsistent with the complainant's account.....

Lol imagine using a peep show clip as a means to show this pedo's innocence, did you watch it to the part where Jeremy said, "i got to know her and she wouldn't do something like that"

its more about how many people discuss this saga. (damn him all priests are kiddy-fiddlers and if he didnt do this he did something else etc)

if you get convicted on nothing more than a compelling witness then it really does all boil down to 'no smoke without fire'.

I dunno.

I was a juror on a pedophilia trial. We found the defendant guilty on 4 of 14 charges. It basically came down to the plausibility of the acts based on the victims statements and her consistency of story to the multiple witnesses she disclosed to.

I don't understand how a jury could overcome the amount of reasonable doubt that would have been present to reach a guilty verdict but a few judges can throw it out?

How wealthy was the defendant?

its more about how many people discuss this saga. (damn him all priests are kiddy-fiddlers and if he didnt do this he did something else etc)

if you get convicted on nothing more than a compelling witness then it really does all boil down to 'no smoke without fire'.

Not sure about other people but in my experience when I see smoke on the horizon usually the first instinct is that it's fire, and more often than not this is the correct instinct

I don't know where you lived in Burra or what your generation is but I bet I can guess which church you went to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No s**t, that is the standard to be found guilty, therefore he is innocent.
By your definition, you are as much a pedophile as Pell, anybody could accuse you tomorrow and unless you have an alibi for every minute of your adult life 'you're only probably a child molester

Funnily enough, it's never come up. Nobody's ever accused me of being a child molester. I wonder why that is?

Jeffrey H Christ - I run away from the current headf***ery of the covid thread to the sanctuary of the RTT and I'm confronted with this madness...

What we really need right now is Keith Thomas and a patented 'See you at the Footy'.

Shame there weren’t two very believable witnesses after the other one turned to drugs for reasons completely unknown and subsequently overdosed I mean how unlucky can you get hey.

How wealthy was the defendant?
Reasonably, relatively speaking in local terms. Actually between reasonably and quite somewhat. His legal team polished the turd pretty well, it was looking like a clean sweep before they went to work.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Funnily enough, it's never come up. Nobody's ever accused me of being a child molester. I wonder why that is?

yes point taken but you are just ignoring my point, its innocent until proven guilty not accused = guilty or accused = guilty until proven innocent.

Btw I don't believe he did or didn't do it, I obviously have no idea. Its the fact that the Victorian appeals court dismissed the original appeal which is disturbing.

yes point taken but you are just ignoring my point, its innocent until proven guilty not accused = guilty or accused = guilty until proven innocent.

Innocent until proven guilty, and then guilty by jury, and then guilty by appeals court, and then not-guilty by high court because there's technically no way to prove that magical invisible rape-goblins didn't commit the offences in question in the moments that Pell happened to be blinking and/or looking the other way. Brilliant.

Innocent until proven guilty, and then guilty by jury, and then guilty by appeals court, and then not-guilty by high court because there's technically no way to prove that magical invisible rape-goblins didn't commit the offences in question in the moments that Pell happened to be blinking and/or looking the other way. Brilliant.
yeah well, can't argue with that.
and yes i'm a non-practicing roman catholic, you got me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back