• Definitely not Janus

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitely Janus

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the topic of dad rock: dad rock is about the audience not the music. When music has reached an age where a majority its initial audience are parents it's become dad rock. This might be horrifying to those who were listening to music so cool only three other people had heard of it back in 1983, but everything becomes dad rock with the passing of time - except opera, that becomes Mamapera
dad rock is what I call the music of my enemies when I wish to deeply insult them

Yes.

Something needs to be done to counter the rampant anti intellectualism that is destroying everything.

Calling it out for what it is is far less harmful than the sh*t it causes.

I dont think the scientific community is always immune from being ideologically driven.

Edit: i worded that badly

Last edited:

You spend ya life talking down to people I hope it's fulfilling.
Sure is champ.

You can lay the bait, but you also like to chomp down don't you!

What exactly about being open minded to supernatural is destroying EVERYTHING?

I mean, Janus is one of the biggest pushers of green, renewable tech here, which is good thing for planet Earth, but because he's not dismissive of ghosts, then he's an anti intellect holding the world back?

I like to mock the things he says as much as anyone else, if not more, but this is an ultimately harmless opinion that isn't going to negatively effect the lives of other people. If he or anyone else want to talk about ghosts, play on. If I can bite my tongue through sport that isn't AFL talk (you more than likely, not you personally being an actual person from that part of the world, but others, in general, don't really have a connection with english or arab billionaire playthings), then haunted houses are easy.

Leads to all other sorts of harmful nonsense, the likes of Pete Evans etc.

They aren't 'harmelss kooks'.

I dont think the scientific community is always immune from being ideologically driven.

Edit: i worded that badly
They certainly aren't and that's when you get bad science.

On a lighter note

I'm sure the likes of bomberclifford and Andre know what I'm talking about here, but the Feels you get when your youngest is in the last years of primary school, and you are waiting to pick them up and you are trying not to be too obvious looking at all the Reception kids Yummy Mummies go by.....

My eldest has just started high school but I'm old enough to still see high school mums as 'yummy mummys'.

on the topic of dad rock: dad rock is about the audience not the music. When music has reached an age where a majority its initial audience are parents it's become dad rock. This might be horrifying to those who were listening to music so cool only three other people had heard of it back in 1983, but everything becomes dad rock with the passing of time - except opera, that becomes Mamapera

I dunno, my older brother was listening to NWA and Public Enemy in the 80s, they really aren't any older than Bon Jovi, but no one calls that dad music.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leads to all other sorts of harmful nonsense, the likes of Pete Evans etc.

They aren't 'harmelss kooks'.

Some of these people are dangerous AF, deadly even.

Instead of getting conventional cancer treatment someone in my extended family went to see a self-proclaimed witch who charged $150 a pop to jam her index finger in her belly button and chant some random bullshit that incidentally did not work.

As far as the supernatural is concerned if you’re just in it for a laugh I couldn’t care less. If you’re using it to take advantage of vulnerable people then I hope demons do exist so that you can get gangf@&ked for eternity by every single one of them.

As far as the supernatural is concerned if you’re just in it for a laugh I couldn’t care less. If you’re using it to take advantage of vulnerable people then I hope demons do exist so that you can get gangf@&ked for eternity by every single one of them.

It extends to other kinds of magical thinking as well. Just wait until actual high profile pedophiles start being completely un-convictable and possibly un-chargeable because of the worldwide chorus of Qanon flogs who believe that literally every (non-Trump supporting) public figure in the world is a pedophile or at least harvesting adrenochome from trafficked children.

I mean, Janus is one of the biggest pushers of green, renewable tech here, which is good thing for planet Earth, but because he's not dismissive of ghosts, then he's an anti intellect holding the world back?
It's not his belief in ghosts that's the issue. It's his statement that Bob Dylan invented rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back