• Definitely not Janus

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitely Janus

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like a good British comedy as much as the next guy but never understood the fascination and fandom of Red Dwarf.
Maybe ‘too’ British.

Maybe ‘too’ British.

Or simply not funny.

I did a list on the media and entertainment board of my top 10 British comedies of the last 20 years. They were in no particular order:
Peep Show
Spaced
The Office
The Mighty Boost
The IT Crowd
The Inbetweeeners
I'm Alan Patridge
Little Britain
Black Books
The League of Gentlemen

Understand Red Dwarf is older but don't think it comes close to any of these.

I like a good British comedy as much as the next guy but never understood the fascination and fandom of Red Dwarf.

I always saw it as a kid's show and most of the people I know who love it, watched it as a kid.

Or simply not funny.

I did a list on the media and entertainment board of my top 10 British comedies of the last 20 years. They were in no particular order:
Peep Show
Spaced
The Office
The Mighty Boost
The IT Crowd
The Inbetweeeners
I'm Alan Patridge
Little Britain
Black Books
The League of Gentlemen

Understand Red Dwarf is older but don't think it comes close to any of these.

Ah, I see the potential issue, it pre-dates most of them by a fair chunk, and was made in the era when humour on BBC needed to be a lot broader.
No doubt a huge dose of nostalgia is part of why people love it.

I love all those you listed (particularly Peep Show and Partridge).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spaced was the first thing Simon Pegg/Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz) did. Late 90s. Really good.

Alan Patridge is Steve Coogan again late 90s. Alan is so cringe worthy, dispicably funny character.

The League of Gentlemen is just grossly weird.

Oh wait, I have seen Spaced. The other two I'll have a search for.

The League of Gentlemen is just grossly weird.

It was an odd series. Supremely funny spots and characters, but the overall plot and storyline wasn't very interesting.

We are being told we will be going to go back to more austere times with Covid-19.

Just discovered Roy and HG are back on the radio. Looks like they are doing the Saturday post noon shift to replace there being no footy - of all codes.

Bludging on the Blindside is the name of their new show but no King Wally Otto in the sound proof booth.

To prove they too are going back in time, prizes for today's quiz are VHS videos of sporting events. First question given her wealth and interest in supporting sports, What Should Gina Rinehart Own?

The Footy's back and so are Roy and HG! After successfully putting nature back in its box, it's time to bump, it's time to thump, it's time to dump. Pull them up, pull them on and pack down with the master of midfield mayhem Rampaging Roy Slaven and the leading light of long shots HG Nelson. Boot buffs, right thinking patriots, God talks to me pilgrims, TP hoarders looking for another roll - join the maestros as they return to the ABC airwaves

Podcasts are at these pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back