• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
His lawyer called it vanilla sex, with two under age boys.

can you explain that to me.
I don't get that either. That seemed like the biggest admission that something untoward happened.

I'd like to see the details of the cases, but with respect to the victims in not sure that will happen.

With a jury, a case like this is open to bias. It's high profile, there's numerous cases of paedophilia and covering up in the church already.

The victims have experienced significant trauma. I've worked in an environment where teenagers who have experienced significant trauma have laid false accusations against staff. I'm not saying this is the case for Pell, but in a system which is unconventional until proven guilty, how do you discount this?

Should the system of innocent until proven guilty be changed, to something more like the weight of evidence?

I'm playing devils advocate here. Whilst I hope no innocent person gets convicted, there's a clear gap between that and those who have been abused and not received justice.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
They said that there was reasonable doubt and that is all Bolt ever claimed.
Just seems like people are happy to lock up Catholics without any evidence which is disturbing, then you get proven wrong by the highest court in the land and double down because "$$$$$"
I think I may have missed the reasonable doubt and not locking people up without evidence bits that the Catholic Church extended to people during the Spanish Inquisition.

innocent

adjective
  1. not guilty of a crime or offence.
    "the prisoners were later found innocent"

Similar: guiltless, guilt-free, not guilty, blameless, not to blame

get over it

tenor.gif

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Say that to the victims. ******* a-hole.

yeah but I didn't though, so you can save your phony outrage areshole.

I think I may have missed the reasonable doubt and not locking people up without evidence bits that the Catholic Church extended to people during the Spanish Inquisition.

Probably because it wasn't a thing for the majority of human history, I for one am glad we have it now in the western world, except Victoria apparently.
Anyways, I would of thought you would be a fan of the inquisition and Salem witch trials etc trial by mob is the vibe i'm getting around here (if you're persecuting Christians that is)

Are you not the same group of bigots that put a fair amount of the blame for Port Adelaide's on-field performance on Shaun Hart for being Christian? They turned it all around after he left didn't they?

pepperidge farm remembers

Alberton Proud

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2012
Beachside
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Pell now deserves a nice relaxing cruise followed by a brief stint in respite finishing with a life long toasty subterranean holiday

Seems only fair

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Anyways, I would of thought you would be a fan of the inquisition and Salem witch trials etc trial by mob is the vibe i'm getting around here (if you're persecuting Christians that is)
A Christian accusing people of being fans of the Inquisition and the Salem witch trials? It's like rain on your wedding day.

Are you not the same group of bigots that put a fair amount of the blame for Port Adelaide's on-field performance on Shaun Hart for being Christian? They turned it all around after he left didn't they?

LOL holy s**t. That wasn't a thing. And I know this because I didn't do it, and I'm more likely than anyone to have done it.

Keep your paedophile apologetics coming though, by all means.

What's the avatar of this guy? Some Connor O Malley Sacha Baron Cohen type in a gun store?

Oh man. I didn't take a close look until now, but I believe that's a picture of Peter Hitchens, the late great Christopher's very disappointing little brother.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
LOL holy s**t. That wasn't a thing. And I know this because I didn't do it, and I'm more likely than anyone to have done it.

I thought it was a bit of a thing.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I thought it was a bit of a thing.

"It's a bit embarrassing to have a gormless happy clapper and Family First candidate involved with our club" was a bit of a thing.

"We're failing because Shaun Hart is a Christian" was never a thing at all.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves

it defs was a thing and I have never made apologies for a pedophile in my life.
thats just the reality you have created in your own head because you cannot accept how wrong you are about a case which you are obviously emotional about.

it defs was a thing and I have never made apologies for a pedophile in my life.

Except for at least the last two days or so.

thats just the reality you have created in your own head because you cannot accept how wrong you are about a case which you are obviously emotional about.

How could anyone not be emotional about it? It's very apparent where your position comes from, and it ain't legalities. If the High Court decision had gone the other way you wouldn't be sitting there thinking "Oh yeah, I guess he is a child rapist after all".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back