power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Except for at least the last two days or so.

News to me, who would that be?

in regards to Pell, if anybody ever makes a case against him that holds water he will be found guilty meaning he actually is a pedo and I would hope he dies in prison.

in regards to Pell, if anybody ever makes a case against him that holds water he will be found guilty meaning he actually is a pedo and I would hope he dies in prison.

Which has already happened. And by the way, he would still be a pedo if it hadn't.

So what years did you go to BCS? I was '86-'97.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Which has already happened. And by the way, he would still be a pedo if it hadn't.

So what years did you go to BCS? I was '86-'97.
well yeah if he is i'm wrong.

your last year was my first. still clearly remember being told to follow that snake panted on the concrete path between the gym and staff building to my yr 1 classroom in the ancient stone building.

If a civil case is brought against Pell and he is found to be (on the balance of probability) guilty of sexually abusing children would you also hold this opinion?

If a civil case is brought against Pell and he is found to be (on the balance of probability) guilty of sexually abusing children would you also hold this opinion?

Let's hope the rest of his miserable existence is spent in exactly that situation. He'll likely shuffle off this mortal coil before anything comes to a conclusion though.

Thanks. I'll remember to answer all questions about the world my children ask me the exact same helpful way. That'll make society a better, more understanding place.

Jesus man, I wasn't trying to give you Dad lessons.

If you don't think having a gormless happy clapper and Family First candidate employed by our club is embarrassing on the face of it, obviously we'll just agree to disagree on that. Good luck to you.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Jesus man, I wasn't trying to give you Dad lessons.

If you don't think having a gormless happy clapper and Family First candidate employed by our club is embarrassing on the face of it, obviously we'll just agree to disagree on that. Good luck to you.

No, I don't give a s**t if a religious person is employed at the club, nor will I assume he's 100% on board with all the parties policies of whom he ran for. There's no evidence any of that had a detrimental effect on our football results.

Are you also embarrassed Warren Tredrea worked with Ben Perkins?

No, I don't give a s**t if a religious person is employed at the club, nor will I assume he's 100% on board with all the parties policies of whom he ran for.

lol really? Because that’s kind of what being a candidate for a party involves.

Are you also embarrassed Warren Tredrea worked with Ben Perkins?

No, but Wazza sure as hell should be.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
lol really? Because that’s kind of what being a candidate for a party involves.

Is it? I am sure there's no time ever in history where someone has been less than 100% on board with all party policies, and all football club people to have been involved in politics do bad jobs improving their club I am sure because of it.

No, but Wazza sure as hell should be.

So it should be a regret? Once we figure out the Flux Capacitor, you'll pop back in time and warn him not to? Warren was pumping his coaching up relatively recently. Maybe you should tweet him your feelings?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He hasn't been found to be innocent though.
The binary guilty / not-guilty is a shortfall of the justice system IMO. Whilst people should obviously only go to gaol (fined, whatever is the sentence) if guilty, there should be options of innocent and 'unable to determine guilt or innocence' (or similar).

The binary guilty / not-guilty is a shortfall of the justice system IMO. Whilst people should obviously only go to gaol (fined, whatever is the sentence) if guilty, there should be options of innocent and 'unable to determine guilt or innocence' (or similar).

Isn’t that why we have judges and juries?

Don’t they determine guilt or innocence based on evidence?

Doubling down on pedo defending is the new TRTT high water mark. Sorry piston broke.

It’s probably not good form to ever refer to anything in the history of RT threads as a high watermark.

We’ve been keeping it lowbrow in here ever since Schulzenfest started this s**t.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Isn’t that why we have judges and juries?

Don’t they determine guilt or innocence based on evidence?
No, they determine guilty or not-guilty. Not-guilty does not mean innocent in all cases. Almost everyone who gets off a charge claims they are innocent, but that isn't what was determined. Often it's going to be they are innocent, but if it was guilty, not-guilty and innocent as the three options it'd be clearer that the choices are someone did 'it', there's not enough evidence one way or the other, someone didn't do 'it'.

The evidence against Pell was entirely circumstantial though. It came down to who the jury believed.

The jury didn’t believe the pedo

The judges did

right?

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The jury didn’t believe the pedo

The judges did

right?

Mate I don't know. But it would appear that this was a case where it was pretty much he said against he said. The person making the allegations came off as more believable to a jury than the accused. Pell's reputation for covering up sex abuse in the past would have counted greatly against him in the eyes of the jury as would of his arrogance and aloofness. Does that mean he did it? Again, I don't know. He denied it continually and there were no witnesses, the other kid who's now dead said it never happened. It also is supposed to have happened 25 plus years ago. A lot of these things usually go against a conviction.

I am not a Catholic. I'm not religious. I despise Paedos. Pell comes off as a complete campaigner. Andrew Bolt is an A grade *******. But the mob baying for blood doesn't make somebody inherently guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back