Opinion Domestic Politics BF style

If you look at the comments on that :

a) unlike George Floyd, they didn't 'murder' him. He's not dead.
b) unlike George Floyd who wasn't doing anything, he was attacked because he was chasing a kid while holding a sword.

None of that makes what happened to him okay, but stop spreading misinformation.

And please consider whose tweets you share. Ian Miles Cheong is a straight up psycho, and there's a reason he shared the version of the video that only shows the second half.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe..? You don't spew the kind of bile he's spewed around here for years and years without being a pretty miserable person. But I'm not sure that observing that is an insult per se. And also since when have I felt the need to veil insults at Jumbo?

(Also I hope it doesn't need to be said that while mental illnesses including but not limited to depression and anxiety can certainly contribute to making you an unpleasant person, they neither define you nor absolve you from responsibility for who you are.)
I think just about every regular on this board apart from OGC & Stu has the ability to be a miserable bastard myself included but there are multiple colours to personality after all.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
If you look at the comments on that:

a) unlike George Floyd, they didn't 'murder' him. He's probably pretty ****ing sore but he's not dead.
b) unlike George Floyd who wasn't doing anything threatening, he was attacked because he was chasing a kid while holding a sword.

None of that makes what happened to him okay, but stop spreading misinformation.

It was a tweet that jumped the gun and if you follow it it clarifies he isn't dead. I'm not trying to spread misinformation, but this s**t is officially out of control and that clip shows it. If you look at the comments too it suggests he's a store owner defending his shop and was chasing someone he thought was going to loot. Why'd you leave that out?

It also shows people trying to pick his pockets while he's motionless in the ground!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
And please consider whose tweets you share. Ian Miles Cheong is a straight up psycho, and there's a reason he shared the version of the video that only shows the second half.
The first half I've watched that shows the chasing. Is the another one that clears up whether he was a shop owner defending from looters or a trouble maker who got what was coming for him?

The first half I've watched that shows the chasing. Is the another one that clears up whether he was a shop owner defending from looters or a trouble maker who got what was coming for him?

Hard to say. There are no good guys in this story, except arguably those filming it.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I think just about every regular on this board apart from OGC & Stu has the ability to be a miserable bastard myself included but there are multiple colours to personality after all.
It's actually somewhat normal to experience different moods and not often does it mean illness which is definitely me, unpopular opinion and maybe I need to take my own advice and get with the times because if you dare suggest that to some people you'd be lynched.

I've never heard of anyone that's gone to a doctor regarding mental health and been told no, they aren't sick, they're normal, like the doctor told me I'm fine when my bloods came back quite healthy indeed and my hand and joints turning black may just be a benign skin condition.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Americans have a strange idea when it's a good time to get the guns out.

To school, college, the cinema, church, because you agree with the cafe being closed, etc: ok!

Extreme social unrest resulting from police brutality and racism: nah, leave them home.

I mean, it's great they aren't all shooting each other, to put it poorly, it's a strange quirk.

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Whilst all this has been happening, Trump is off visiting Florida watching a space shuttle launch. Would've thought he has far more important issues on hand to deal with.

Whilst all this has been happening, Trump is off visiting Florida watching a space shuttle launch. Would've thought he has far more important issues on hand to deal with.

IMO the less he gets involved the better.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's actually somewhat normal to experience different moods and not often does it mean illness which is definitely me, unpopular opinion and maybe I need to take my own advice and get with the times because if you dare suggest that to some people you'd be lynched.

I've never heard of anyone that's gone to a doctor regarding mental health and been told no, they aren't sick, they're normal, like the doctor told me I'm fine when my bloods came back quite healthy indeed and my hand and joints turning black may just be a benign skin condition.

Balancing act you want people to talk more about depression these days but at the same time you don't want people doped up with prescriptions with just a case of the blues as opposed to clinical depression.. I'll get lynched too probably

A couple of points in this discussion before it goes over the top.

To those users resorting to using previous user names, let it go. It is just a childish provocation. Argue the point you are trying to make.

In the same vein, all of you keep away from the personal attacks. The mods allow a certain amount of leeway within the confines of this board but it is hitting the red zone.

Regards, your friendly neighborhood moderator.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Minneapolis mayor with his finger on the pulse.

Good luck to any "white supremacist" who turns up to protest in their MAGA hat. Foreign actors is interesting, maybe the cops who started this were actually Russian spies.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I mean if this isn’t relevant news than is anything overseas relevant? How high is the bar for reporting overseas news? WW3?
Mass rioting in one of our biggest allies but don't you dare cut off swamp trucker auctions

Lol. It's news but it really isn't world shattering stuff. We really don't need blow by blow updates. I suspect the TV stations are blanket reporting it because they have people on the ground in America and it justifies their costs. If this was happening in any other western country, bar the UK, where incidentally Australian media companies have a presence, it would come 18th news story in the hour long edition.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Be good if they load the fat prick on board and fire it into the sun

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Americans have a strange idea when it's a good time to get the guns out.

To school, college, the cinema, church, because you agree with the cafe being closed, etc: ok!

Extreme social unrest resulting from police brutality and racism: nah, leave them home.

I mean, it's great they aren't all shooting each other, to put it poorly, it's a strange quirk.

Yes, where are the tough redneck looking white guys with ar-15s who were bravely defending the morons right to gather during a pandemic? Could it be they're actually gutless cowards who run away when faced with an actual threat?

Back