Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Definitely Janus

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
903873-1.png

Nothing better than a single malt in front of the fire with a cold front coming in..

Stuff the cities, who needs em

When I moved back from Melbourne to Adelaide three things I thought Melbourne did better.
Had a central football stadium.
Had shopping hours not stuck in the 1950's.
Had a better public transport network.

The first was fixed by Adelaide Oval. The last is still s**t here, I wish we'd expand the tram network throughout the suburbs. The middle drives me nuts. 11am before you can go shopping on a Sunday? Really, the City of Churches is just a name, most of us don't go to church these days. Even the ALP/Shop Unions 'If we open earlier/later everyone currently working at a small business will spontaneously combust!' line isn't enough to make Melbourne better over Adelaide though.

Sure it's nice enough to live there for a while when you're younger, just so you have lived in a bigger city, but even that it's easy enough to catch a flight or drive over for any show / convention / event that doesn't come here. And pulling 'a dad' any one looking to raise a family with a choice and staying in Melbourne has rocks in their head IMO.

Based on my own failures.. jokes and winding up PAFC66 aside the melbs live scene is good but there's not much away from it you could say that about the aussie music scene in general you still have to kick down doors in Sydney at the end of the day.

Of course if you are happy eating two minute noodles every night and just in it for the love of gigging you might not care.
What are some of your own failures music wise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I've always said the worst thing about our club is the fact it's based in Adelaide many here have as well. It's unfortunate, it holds us back, no wonder we looked into China to grow..but you get on with it.
Adelaide is Port Adelaide.

If we were a Melbourne club we could be another irrelevant powerhouse like Carlton or Richmond (bar last three years) sitting around wondering why we can't keep the glory years going since those damn interstate clubs came in.

There's the establishment, do nothing, entrench the status quo forever Adelaide, then there's the other Adelaide. The Adelaide that Port represents. Those who think we have some great things we can give to the country and the world. Let's put ourselves out there. The ones that see beyond the border and think 'why can't that be us?'. That's why we're the ones looking in to China.

To say the worst part about Port Adelaide is Adelaide, is to misunderstand what makes Port Port.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You're a young fella, you should be going out. If I didn't study, work full time and have a garden I might be bored enough to go out to town.
I stopped going out roughly around 22.

Odd one out.

Have older mates, married, kids, work, in to the 40s that still party every other week. Not me. I find lately I barely have enough in the tank to catch the late night Peep Show reruns one the ABC.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm not an Adelaide native and I've had a chipper time every time I've been there. Met loads of Port people from Adelaide who rock. How much difference is there between two Australian capital cities? It's a city with a bunch of suburbs surrounding it. It's got bars and pubs and clubs. Sport stadiums. Beaches. *in'. Who gives a *.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back