Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supportive of toll roads if the revenue is pumped straight into public transport. I'd also expect that people who live in areas with poor public transport be exempt from the toll until the public transport systems are improved.

Also the Pidgeon is absolutely brilliant. Worth every penny and decidedly not an example of government waste. People love to talk about art like it's an unneccessary waste of money when governments are involved, which is a load of s**t.

I was doing 175 in my subaru liberty once on the barkley highway and a highway patrol car overtook me lol
I've been in a Subaru liberty. Nice car at the time but surprised to hear it made it to that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bro that is madness, ahahaha. I remember driving at night between Alice Springs and Kulgera and it was the most frightening thing i've ever done. There was horses, cows, and kangaroos all over the road. We couldn't go over 60 odd, I only had an aluminium bullbar at the time so my mates Hilux was on point with the steel bullbar. The whole drive was just animals all over the road and the high beams reflecting off the eyes of them as we drove along.

Yeah that’s fun, just add “and can’t see much through the windscreen anymore because no water left in the washers and the moths are out in plague proportions”.

Did some fairly silly ADL-DRW runs back in the day in my first car, a 1985 Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, last of the leaded petrol models and quite the unguided missile in my hands. Included the obligatory beginner error of drive straight through a servo at 60 because you’ve been sitting on 180+ for more than two hours lol. Nothing as crazy as 200kmh at night though. Poor old car had a little design flaw, the oil pump wasn’t up to it if you sat on those speeds all day and eventually the balance shaft starts giving the block a kind of rebore.

Broken Hill to Cobar is animal infested at night but the received wisdom is you take that risk rather than stop at Wilcannia.

Changing gears slightly, while we’re talking exotic locations, buffoonish behaviour and ... AFL expansion, how about this game then... sponsors include a hospital, accident insurance and the local news. Sounds about right
IMG_4961.JPG

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

I've been in a Subaru liberty. Nice car at the time but surprised to here it made it to that.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Mine at the time was a 2.2 litre 1995 model the year was early 2000's when i travelled on that trip. A lovely car. It was really smooth even at that speed. I would only do it on those nice long straight highways

Yeah that’s fun, just add “and can’t see much through the windscreen anymore because no water left in the washers and the moths are out in plague proportions”.

Did some fairly silly ADL-DRW runs back in the day in my first car, a 1985 Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, last of the leaded petrol models and quite the unguided missile in my hands. Included the obligatory beginner error of drive straight through a servo at 60 because you’ve been sitting on 180+ for more than two hours lol. Nothing as crazy as 200kmh at night though. Poor old car had a little design flaw, the oil pump wasn’t up to it if you sat on those speeds all day and eventually the balance shaft starts giving the block a kind of rebore.

Broken Hill to Cobar is animal infested at night but the received wisdom is you take that risk rather than stop at Wilcannia.

Changing gears slightly, while we’re talking exotic locations, buffoonish behaviour and ... AFL expansion, how about this game then... sponsors include a hospital, accident insurance and the local news. Sounds about right
View attachment 1022457

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Doctor Feel

I think What happen Power? just became Phuket Power!

Mine at the time was a 2.2 litre 1995 model the year was early 2000's when i travelled on that trip. A lovely car. It was really smooth even at that speed. I would only do it on those nice long straight highways

Ah a quick google tells me by that point the liberty changed from being more an old person Camry esque car to something more like a WRX. No longer surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back