Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Had to have a covid test this morning with flu like symptoms popping up.

Have rung around and canceled a bunch of appointments I had this week and one campaigner made me pay a $10 rescheduling fee cause I’ve got the audacity to be smart enough not to rock up there with flu-like symptoms and care about not screwing over other people who could lose money if they have to isolate

like 2 days isn’t enough notice you fu**buckets?
I couldn’t give sh*t about $10, but charging people to reschedule during a pandemic is ******* gross behaviour.

Surely 24 hours notice is more than enough

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Think I'm feeling the effects of sun stroke.

How do you guys resolve an issue at work with your umbrella girl? There were a few times between takes where I think my coverage could have been better.

(in case yous haven't already noticed, I'm gonna be flogging this horse til it's decomposed, which is about another fortnight. For the first time in a long time I have something to gloat about)

Anyway, back to JimmyBC and his My Name Is Earl reboot.

How do you guys resolve an issue at work with your umbrella girl? There were a few times between takes where I think my coverage could have been better.

(in case yous haven't already noticed, I'm gonna be flogging this horse til it's decomposed, which is about another fortnight. For the first time in a long time I have something to gloat about)

Which fillum site are you a cleaner on? Mad Max 8?

I reckon I'd recognise you. (IIRC, I think we established that we went to the same school)

I have an uncanny ability for facial recognition, even to the point of picking someone's siblings that I've never met before.

I can do that too, yet also can't remember the names of people I meet like five minutes after I met them.

Had to have a covid test this morning with flu like symptoms popping up.

Have rung around and canceled a bunch of appointments I had this week and one campaigner made me pay a $10 rescheduling fee cause I’ve got the audacity to be smart enough not to rock up there with flu-like symptoms and care about not screwing over other people who could lose money if they have to isolate

like 2 days isn’t enough notice you fu**buckets?
I couldn’t give sh*t about $10, but charging people to reschedule during a pandemic is ******* gross behaviour.

Just rock up then. Tell them the test was positive, but you're soldiering on.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Should I land an actual date and get somewhere with an attractive woman, I hope I remember to come in here windmilling edgie style

Although if she's any good it should mean I never post here again
They've got your wife Chris!

But I'm not married!

You are now... to BigFooty

FB_IMG_1600241873475.jpg

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Should I land an actual date and get somewhere with an attractive woman, I hope I remember to come in here windmilling edgie style

Although if she's any good it should mean I never post here again

Except bragging about conquests with the opposite sex is extremely tacky and incredibly bogan.

Find something a bit lame then overstate your importance within it to epic proportions if you want to be edgie.

Like having a one episode non speaking role in an Aussie TV series for washed up Home & Away actors that left for Hollywood in unsuccessful attempts to become the next Heath Ledger/Chris Hemsworth.

No s**t though, I did actually have my own trailer and person to hold an umbrella over me, and that was an unbelievable experience for me.

I'm similar. I recognise people from my school in different year levels who I haven't seen in 20 years but noone even remembers who I am.

I like it like that.

I’m the exact opposite - everyone seems to remember me but I don’t recall them. I’m like a leaf floating on top of the current of time.

Like the time I was in a tattoo parlour in Hindley Street cause my friends wanted to get nipple piercings and the girl behind the counter, with more piercings and tats than a bikie, goes “Hey, don’t I know you from somewhere?”

“Err, do you?”

“You went to such and such college, didn’t you?”

It was at that point I realised who she was. If I was how I am now, I would have handled that situation a lot differently, cause she was trying to talk to me but I was a babe to badness at the time.

Didn’t help that one of my friends passed out from getting a piercing at that point, either.

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
I’m the exact opposite - everyone seems to remember me but I don’t recall them. I’m like a leaf floating on top of the current of time.

Like the time I was in a tattoo parlour in Hindley Street cause my friends wanted to get nipple piercings and the girl behind the counter, with more piercings and tats than a bikie, goes “Hey, don’t I know you from somewhere?”

“Err, do you?”

“You went to such and such college, didn’t you?”

It was at that point I realised who she was. If I was how I am now, I would have handled that situation a lot differently, cause she was trying to talk to me but I was a babe to badness at the time.

Didn’t help that one of my friends passed out from getting a piercing at that point, either.
I had a similar experience walking down some random street in Copenhagen years ago. Dude comes up to me and says:

Him: "Hey, I think I know you."

Me: "Probably not."

Him: "Didn't you go to Adelaide Uni."

Me: "Ummm ... okay."

I had a similar experience walking down some random street in Copenhagen years ago. Dude comes up to me and says:

Him: "Hey, I think I know you."

Me: "Probably not."

Him: "Didn't you go to Adelaide Uni."

Me: "Ummm ... okay."

Was his name Ned Ryerson? :D

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I sometimes have guys I haven't seen for 15 years recognise me from junior footy, but the pretty girl I had a crush on and talked to a bit in year 1 (is it appropriate to talk about a 6 year old like that? I mean I was 6 as well at the time) who left town for like a dozen years then returned in late high school didn't know me from a bar of soap.

I imagine she knew bars of soap better than me actually. Her hygiene would have been beyond reproach.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
When I was working in the Public Service some people from Canberra came to our Perth office one time and it turned out one of them had lived in Woomera at the same time as I had. Even though it was a small place where you knew, or knew of most people, neither of us remembered each other, probably because he would've been a young school kid and I was working.

The dispiriting thing was that this bloke much younger than me had risen to the executive ranks whilst my career had been more...modest. It's one of the reasons I avoid reunions, and the "what have you done with your life, mate?" questions.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Dyls I am re-reading blood meridian and I guess I should read Moby Dick next? Please advise
Those were both pretty exhausting reads. It'll take me decades to go back to Blood Meridian. Pick up a couple of chapters of Moby Dick here and there if you wanna. I just read Journey to the End of the Night which might be the most cynical thing ever written. It gets my thumbs right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back