Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the hot birds in sundresses at Bunnings with a butterfly on their ankle must be devastated that the middle aged blokes on bigfooty aren't interested

That’s a fairly specific fantasy you’ve got going on there

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Cars that I could afford in high school and were relatively common back then are worth a shitload now

I wonder what today's equivalent vehicles are
I was looking at a VY, my commodore, but in a V8 Calais model, a few years back and they were like 6 grand.

They're now 15.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Depends on your definition of manual. You still select each gear just not in the traditional way. Their core purpose is building sports cars and all the best racing categories use this technology, so that makes sense to me.

What doesn’t make sense is four doors and a boot that’s big enough for a pram and the weekly shop. That’s about as far away from who they are as they can get. It’s their Southern Power moment.

Well yeah you can change gears manually and most cars these days have that option but no gated gearbox or clutch since 2012. Lambo and McLaren also don't offer manual gearboxes. Automatics are obviously more technologically advanced and quicker but Ferrari reckon the manuals just weren't selling, which probably says a little bit about who buys their cars.

What the fu**

Are these actual children or 40 year Olds who've been given growth hormone suppressants since birth

They’re kids who know if they * up they die.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lambo made a 4x4 and it didn't diminish their rep.

It did in my eyes. It’s ugly AF and the name is a portmanteau of urine and anus. Woeful effort all round. I was gonna buy a Lambo too but this thing just put me right off em!

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Wonder how many Nissan pintaras are still around? For those that couldn't afford a skyline.
I work with one of those bogan but at the same time sheltered socially outcast nerd who's claim to fame is having the fastest Nissan pulsar in town.

Righto friend I didn't know that was a thing.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I work with one of those bogan but at the same time sheltered socially outcast nerd who's claim to fame is having the fastest Nissan pulsar in town.

Righto friend I didn't know that was a thing.

Screenshot_20210223-210158_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
All the hot birds in sundresses at Bunnings with a butterfly on their ankle must be devastated that the middle aged blokes on bigfooty aren't interested
Not all (but I'm not exactly middle age... Yet)

Cars that I could afford in high school and were relatively common back then are worth a shitload now

I wonder what today's equivalent vehicles are

I paid $500 for a '78 Gemini that got written off (got $1k in insurance) back in the early Oughts

Similar model, nothing special about it going for $25k on marketplace 🤔

Today's cars? Who knows though

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Did almost everyone hate it? I was assured by the director and fanbois of The Last Jedi that if Empire Strikes Back were released today, it would be extremely divisive too.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
You upgrading old mate Dell Boy?
Sooner or later, preferably sooner. Some good sales on the Dell website currently, also have a mate who used to work in IT and still has a business account with a parts supplier who might be able to put something together for me for more value, but that involves finding time to see him and he works weird hours being on call regularly. Also the internet shows me he got his fish tanks in to his new house so any trip there will now involve a detailed rundown on his setup.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sooner or later, preferably sooner. Some good sales on the Dell website currently, also have a mate who used to work in IT and still has a business account with a parts supplier who might be able to put something together for me for more value, but that involves finding time to see him and he works weird hours being on call regularly. Also the internet shows me he got his fish tanks in to his new house so any trip there will now involve a detailed rundown on his setup.

Fish tank people yea pumps 'n what not.

A girl with a tattoo is advertising that she is a masochist. How many she has determines the level she is at. Heaps of tattoos - lots of daddy issues and/or abuse (mental/physical/sexual) at a young age. Only one - rebellious streak against her parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back