Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
Apr 9, 2009
Port Adelaide Zone
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nah, common sense to finally go nuclear. Now just need a nuclear power industry and power stations instead of coal. Refine uranium here and make money off that instead of just shipping raw materials elsewhere, get low emission reliable base load power. Hopefully shows the NIMBY’s and ‘Save the planet from Global warming! No not like that!!’ Crowd that if you really give a sh*t about global warming then stop objecting to nuclear.
No, I’m saying what you are saying. I’m just pissed it is going to WA.

Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Had to venture up Joondalup way today for my second Covid jab and noticed quite a few older gentlemen getting around in their West Coast Eagles gear - must be the demographic for that side of town. As I was waiting (and waiting and waiting) to get jabbed I was sat behind a bloke wearing a West Coast 2015 Grand Final jacket - nfw would I buy or wear merch from a grand final we'd lost, even if it had been in keeping with Fos's Creed.

Incidentally, around the day I had my first dose an infected FIFO worker slipped the noose in that part of town and Perth was hit with a snap lockdown - wouldn't it be sad if it happened again in the next week or so...

Sleezy

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully shows the NIMBY’s and ‘Save the planet from Global warming! No not like that!!’ Crowd that if you really give a sh*t about global warming then stop objecting to nuclear.
I remember hearing an interview with a Forrester a couple of years back, and he was pushing back about demands to end the forestry industry by asking if you want to eliminate plastic packaging, and stop cutting down trees, where do people propose to get their cardboard from?

Interesting the unintended consequences of trying to eliminate one aspect of plastic waste has on other aspects of environmentally sensitive industries.

Papa G

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I remember hearing an interview with a Forrester a couple of years back, and he was pushing back about demands to end the forestry industry by asking if you want to eliminate plastic packaging, and stop cutting down trees, where do people propose to get their cardboard from?

Interesting the unintended consequences of trying to eliminate one aspect of plastic waste has on other aspects of environmentally sensitive industries.
Everything needs to be packaged in hemp man

chiwigi

I’ll make tears from your Wines.
Apr 9, 2009
Port Adelaide Zone
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It almost as if people think some of these things grow on trees....oh wait.

Prison bar Pete

Premium Platinum
Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!

I have very few problems with plantation forestry, however destruction of old growth native forests is execrable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

edgie

TheBrownDog
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
The best random thing the child does is when she plays Spiderman.

She plays Spiderman by laying down and putting her hands over her ears, like the cover of one of the recent Spiderman movies. She has a fascination of pulling out all my Spiderman media, 5 movies and 2 PS4 games.

No climbing things or jumping or pretending to make a web, no. Just pretending to have headphones on is her version of playing spiderman.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad