Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see you as a red drinker. Im on a bottle of Clare Valley red. Im going cross eyed. Smashed the Cows.........they wont beat us for three seasons. Planets lining up raman.

Eh, I'm just drinking Super Dry.

Travelled to Darwin with my wife in January just because i love Tropical weather and see more of my country. There is massive issues with our indigenous souls there.
I felt a bit sick having a nice meal on Mitchell Street, and our First Nation people are just wandering around lost, asking for cigarettes. Just lost.

Its their land, white man has invaded their way of life. I'm glad i did. Its opened to my eyes to a massive issue this so called lucky country has. Its not lucky at the moment for the custodians, the owners of this country. Its not a lucky land for them. They've had the bush and a way of life for thousands and thousands of years taken from them in a blink of an eye.

Coming back from Darwin. I'm embarrassed to be a white immigrant male.

* mate. You live an hour from Port Augusta. How would Darwin have "opened your eyes"?

fu** mate. You live an hour from Port Augusta. How would Darwin have "opened your eyes"?

Probably because we saw it as a holiday destination lad. In fact, Darwin is so far away the Indigenous people are struggling so bad its not funny.
You could say all over our wide land, but places that stand out. Parklands in Adelaide there is a Tribe that own that place.
Getting back to Darwin. The Tiwi Island people come over for alcohol and drugs, cigarettes. We feed that by using it as a holiday destination. Theres a no win situation here for the Custodians of our land. The Government want dollars. Like the American Indians. White people annihilate a race.

Mrs and I were lucky enough to see Midnight Oil live in the Eastern Parklands Monday night. Back up band was the Teskey Brothers.
What stole my heart was a First Nation Elder speech, ( his beautiful name escapes me ) to kick everything off. It was very powerful, and i shook like a leaf.

He said he had a time line to follow for tonight. But our people dont see time in a line, its a circle.
He said he has too say goodbye. First Nation People dont understand this. To them its rude. They use in their language " Until I See You Again "

He set the precedence for the night. The Teskey Brothers need to bee seen live. Cracking band.

Then Midnight Oil with their Premiere Makarrata Album...........oh my goodness. Peter Garret can still smash out tunes, and so passionate live on stage. I will go as far as saying one of the most heartfealt, loud, amazing, beautiful concerts ive ever seen.

Whos going to start the conversation?

I rest my case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PB impersonator
Nah real deal Jim. Nobody can impersonate me lol. I just want another crack. Bomber has every right to go me. I wont play any Stevie Nicks.
I genuinely so much enjoyed the Oils going off. Peter Garret is passionate about First Nation people.

Nah real deal Jim. Nobody can impersonate me lol. I just want another crack. Bomber has every right to go me. I wont play any Stevie Nicks.
I genuinely so much enjoyed the Oils going off. Peter Garret is passionate about First Nation people.

What happened to your other accounts?

I live in Whyalla. i drink VB. I love my wife and my dog. Subaru can suck my hairy nuts. s**t how can you impersonate that? Ill play a bit of Fleetwood Mac.

Edgie!!! Help me out. So i dont get banned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back