Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeh, kind of a public service announcement for in particular all the fellas out there that love to ignore any signs and symptoms and hate going to the docs, get your stuff checked out.

Just got the diagnosis of colon cancer this week, and only caught it now due to having one weird bout of stomach and constipation pain which was unusual. So went and had a blood and bowel screening test and was positive for blood and was majorly anaemic. Which I wasn't 2 years ago at last blood test.
Straight in for colonoscopy and endoscopy and found large cancer in colon. No other symptoms. Only ( and I say only but relatively young for this) at 47. No family history. As surgeon said, you are a mutant basically.

So anyway, no spread yet seen elsewhere on CT, so some good news, but could have easily just taken some metamucil and ignored it.

Get checked lads and ladettes.

So yeh, kind of a public service announcement for in particular all the fellas out there that love to ignore any signs and symptoms and hate going to the docs, get your stuff checked out.

Just got the diagnosis of colon cancer this week, and only caught it now due to having one weird bout of stomach and constipation pain which was unusual. So went and had a blood and bowel screening test and was positive for blood and was majorly anaemic. Which I wasn't 2 years ago at last blood test.
Straight in for colonoscopy and endoscopy and found large cancer in colon. No other symptoms. Only ( and I say only but relatively young for this) at 47. No family history. As surgeon said, you are a mutant basically.

So anyway, no spread yet seen elsewhere on CT, so some good news, but could have easily just taken some metamucil and ignored it.

s**t mate that is ******* awful. Take care, best of luck and reach out if need be.

s**t mate! Hope its fixable!

sh*t mate! Hope its fixable!
Well surgeon is gonna remove half my internals it appears to try to get rid. So If that don't work dunno what will!

Well surgeon is gonna remove half my internals it appears to try to get rid. So If that don't work dunno what will!
s**t, good luck mate!

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
20210311_151014.jpg

Honestly, even a slight issue see the doctor. I had a slight problem and got a colonoscopy and they found over 30 polyps, and they were the kind that are the highest chance to turn cancerous. I wasn't even 30.

Stop putting it off, just ******* do it.

Apr 27, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, Houston Rockets
Yes, agree. Had a colonoscopy last week. I was lucky that everything appears fine. Swollow any feelings of shame/embarrassment and talk to your Dr when it comes to these things.

Sending good thoughts your way.
I hope everything goes well for you.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Fwiw my mum had the same thing a few years ago. Had the surgery and some radiation therapy and has been all good since. All the best.

Turiyasangitananda

Cancelled
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

All the best with it mate.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal

Wishing you all the best Manu

Ok, that's me off to sh*t in a cup.

Get well soon manureid
Do it!

And for those hesitant about a colonoscopy, I most certainly was, others may say different but the worst part of the whole thing was the prep. The stuff that you have to drink is pretty ordinary. And you get a good 3 hour stint of hanging about the potty. The actual procedure itself I knew nothing about.

Do it!

And for those hesitant about a colonoscopy, I most certainly was, others may say different but the worst part of the whole thing was the prep. The stuff that you have to drink is pretty ordinary. And you get a good 3 hour stint of hanging about the potty. The actual procedure itself I knew nothing about.

But don't you s**t donuts for a week because of the poker up your butthole?

I don't wanna s**t donuts.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I had a reaction to the bowel cleansing stuff last time I had a colonoscopy and it was traumatic.

Not even saying for humorous effect. It was agonising.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Do it!

23 hours for me. I couldn't leave the room. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I stopped like twenty minutes before my surgery or they were gonna have to can it because I couldn't leave the can. I was shitting anything and everything left in my body, none of which is supposed to pooped out.

Didn't think it tasted that bad though. Just like Metamucil.

23 hours for me. I couldn't leave the room. I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat. I stopped like twenty minutes before my surgery or they were gonna have to can it because I couldn't leave the can. I was shitting anything and everything left in my body, none of which is supposed to pooped out.

Didn't think it tasted that bad though. Just like Metamucil.

Had that kind of cherry flavoured cough medicine vibe for me. Just strong, screw your face up stuff. Had to squirt water in my mouth after every mouthful to get rid of the taste.

23 hours is madness. I had to do at 7pm and then again at 7am. Wasnt finished when I got to hospital, had 2 more goes right before I went in. However got an Excellent on my report for bowel cleanliness, so you know, had that going for me I guess.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Had that kind of cherry flavoured cough medicine vibe for me. Just strong, screw your face up stuff. Had to squirt water in my mouth after every mouthful to get rid of the taste.

23 hours is madness. I had to do at 7pm and then again at 7am. Wasnt finished when I got to hospital, had 2 more goes right before I went in. However got an Excellent on my report for bowel cleanliness, so you know, had that going for me I guess.

Bit of an exaggeration.

I started the drinks round 11, by 3 that Arvo it was in full effect after a few hours of coming and going, and it didn't back down to about 9 the next morning and I had to be at hospital by then for surgery at 10. I told the nurses doing the pre-op stuff I was still using the toilet and they were like hmmmm, that shouldn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back