Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to venture up Joondalup way today for my second Covid jab and noticed quite a few older gentlemen getting around in their West Coast Eagles gear - must be the demographic for that side of town. As I was waiting (and waiting and waiting) to get jabbed I was sat behind a bloke wearing a West Coast 2015 Grand Final jacket - nfw would I buy or wear merch from a grand final we'd lost, even if it had been in keeping with Fos's Creed.

Incidentally, around the day I had my first dose an infected FIFO worker slipped the noose in that part of town and Perth was hit with a snap lockdown - wouldn't it be sad if it happened again in the next week or so...

Hopefully shows the NIMBY’s and ‘Save the planet from Global warming! No not like that!!’ Crowd that if you really give a sh*t about global warming then stop objecting to nuclear.
I remember hearing an interview with a Forrester a couple of years back, and he was pushing back about demands to end the forestry industry by asking if you want to eliminate plastic packaging, and stop cutting down trees, where do people propose to get their cardboard from?

Interesting the unintended consequences of trying to eliminate one aspect of plastic waste has on other aspects of environmentally sensitive industries.

I remember hearing an interview with a Forrester a couple of years back, and he was pushing back about demands to end the forestry industry by asking if you want to eliminate plastic packaging, and stop cutting down trees, where do people propose to get their cardboard from?

Interesting the unintended consequences of trying to eliminate one aspect of plastic waste has on other aspects of environmentally sensitive industries.

Everything needs to be packaged in hemp man

It almost as if people think some of these things grow on trees....oh wait.

I have very few problems with plantation forestry, however destruction of old growth native forests is execrable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best random thing the child does is when she plays Spiderman.

She plays Spiderman by laying down and putting her hands over her ears, like the cover of one of the recent Spiderman movies. She has a fascination of pulling out all my Spiderman media, 5 movies and 2 PS4 games.

No climbing things or jumping or pretending to make a web, no. Just pretending to have headphones on is her version of playing spiderman.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

So were the French subs the Tony Abbott/poodle Pyne thing? How many years ago was that? How many millions thrown away on that for absolutely nothing?

As if we need submarines, lmao.

Do you know anything about Geo Politics?

China is the big dog now. It's not off in some far away part of Europe, on the other side of the world, it's in our region and will be for the foreseeable future. Australia now is strategically important. The USA, with the help of us, the Japanese, South Korea and India will be the front line against China. Balance of Power is a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back