Sunday too far away
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Don's Party
The cars that ate Paris
Breaker Morant
Mad Max
My brilliant career
The chant of Jimmy Blacksmith

22619618-7824197-Prince_Philip_spent_four_nights_in_the_King_Edward_VII_s_hospita-a-27_1577179053705.jpg

Apart from the largely laughable sci-fi flicks, the 70s was probably most notable for the disaster epics like Earthquake, Towering Inferno, Poseidon Adventure, The Cassandra Crossing, China Syndrome, The Andromeda Strain and of course the Airport series, which inspired the funniest movie of all time, that we know in Australia as Flying High (not until 1980 though).

Last edited:
Apart from the largely laughable sci-fi flicks, the 70s was probably most notable for the disaster epics like Earthquake, Towering Inferno, Poseidon Adventure, The Cassandra Crossing, China Syndrome, The Andromeda Strain and of course Airport, which inspired the funniest movie of all time, that we know in Australia as Flying High (not until 1980 though).

the 90s was a very good decade for fillums too.

since the 2000s movies have been s**t

watched STIR the other week with bryan brown. filmed at gladstone gaol. pretty grim nasty little flick that one. you familiar with it jimbo?

anyway i was pretty convinced i had a glimpse of the great ray meagher as an extra in one of the prison scenes..
Haven't seen it but the great Raymond Francis Meagher knows his way around a prison

MV5BNjRhYjE3MzAtMWIzYS00NDY2LWExZTQtYWU3OGY4ZTc2OTBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTE1ODYyNDA@._V1_.jpg

Good decade for Aussie fillums

Sunday too far away
Picnic at Hanging Rock
Don's Party
The cars that ate Paris
Breaker Morant
Mad Max
My brilliant career
The chant of Jimmy Blacksmith
The Man From Hong Kong

Best line

"I've never met an asian fella who wasn't....

*(Say it)*

Yella!"

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from the largely laughable sci-fi flicks, the 70s was probably most notable for the disaster epics like Earthquake, Towering Inferno, Poseidon Adventure, The Cassandra Crossing, China Syndrome, The Andromeda Strain and of course the Airport series, which inspired the funniest movie of all time, that we know in Australia as Flying High (not until 1980 though).

The 90s gives a run for its money

Twister
Dante's peak
Volcano
Deep impact
Armageddon
Titanic
Apollo 13

Hal Ashby went on a run in the 70s that's right up there with peak Coppola & Scorsese.

But he's largely been forgotten unless your fave directors start talking about their fave directors.

And now I wanna read Easy Riders, Raging Bulls again...

download.jpg

How to say you haven't seen twister without saying you haven't seen twister

well you just go round and round in circles doncha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back