Status
Not open for further replies.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Epi’s & Squire’s are fine & quite well built for the price, what can let them down is the hardware. Fine for mucking around at home but once you start adding the sweat etc of gigging & rehearsals the finishes can break down pretty quickly. Upgrade your saddles/bridges/nuts & you can make a difference reasonably easily.
Late 00’ Epi’s were in some cases made by American luthiers as Gibson production was held up with a rare wood lawsuit so they shipped staff to Korea. Have an 07 SG Epi that’s real nice, better made than a Gibson one I had.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Epi’s & Squire’s are fine & quite well built for the price, what can let them down is the hardware. Fine for mucking around at home but once you start adding the sweat etc of gigging & rehearsals the finishes can break down pretty quickly. Upgrade your saddles/bridges/nuts & you can make a difference reasonably easily.
Late 00’ Epi’s were in some cases made by American luthiers as Gibson production was held up with a rare wood lawsuit so they shipped staff to Korea. Have an 07 SG Epi that’s real nice, better made than a Gibson one I had.
Are you talking sub $500 guitars though? I agree they are good for modding & upgrading pups etc. it's good to learn this stuff but once they produce models that hit a price point approaching a grand & beyond they do cease to be cheap instruments. You could easily gig with some of these guitars & leave the prized babies at home.

_VXV

Jesus Horne-Francis
Oct 12, 2014
etHELLton
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are you talking sub $500 guitars though? I agree they are good for modding & upgrading pups etc. it's good to learn this stuff but once they produce models that hit a price point approaching a grand & beyond they do cease to be cheap instruments. You could easily gig with some of these guitars & leave the prized babies at home.
Absolutely true, I was referring to mid range guitars.

Camelyn, or at least the whole Rand meets Elayne / Morgase, isn't happening in the first season. The actress playing Elayne is only from season 2. Things are all out of order going forward as well. Egwene's slated to meet Siuan episode 6, before Rand even meets any Trakand's.

Just watched Episode 4. It's different from the books, but good in its own way.

My Canadian mate who lives about 90 minutes drive east of LA went to the Ice Hockey this time yesterday - LA Kings vs Toronto Maple Leafs. First hockey game he has been to the 3 years living in California and never went to a game the 17 years living in Dallas before that.

He kept sending me pictures of the light show the LA Kings put on. Said it was ******* amazing, nothing like this when he lived in Toronto and went and watched the Leafs play, but they just didn't grab me, until he sent the last one, The Cage, which he took before the start of the game.

Edit Its The Staples Center in LA, soon to be known as Crypto.com Arena for the next 20 years, the naming costing $700m USD. I never knew Staples Center is named after an office supplies company Staples Inc since it was built in 1999. i've just thought Staples was just some rich dudes surname.

1637902876588.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol you guys geeking out over guitars (I've got a squier bass that I cannot play) meanwhile I spent an unhealthy amount of time looking at Blankwing pencils today online

Better than spending your day looking at washing machines/dryers like I have been today

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
My former workmate from Elizabeth that used to source guitars for me and my mates done great stuff for 500, unfortunately she's been unwell, very unwell, and I haven't seen her for a year.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Missed this by about 5 minutes - I'd just got home from my Saturday morning stroll to the deli when I heard sirens and saw fire engines and ambulances flashing by, smoke billowing not too far away. It was at the same place that Ferrari crashed and burst into flames a couple of years ago. This morning I'd just walked round this very corner on the way back to my place:

1637978036404.png

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are they? Wouldn't have thought there would be much difference in price when it comes to guitars in the 3-400 dollar range.
Must admit I didn't look at sub 5 hunge gear but I'm still tipping you could get a better deal for a guitar and amp for junior elsewhere & online.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Must admit I didn't look at sub 5 hunge gear but I'm still tipping you could get a better deal for a guitar and amp for junior elsewhere & online.

Probably, but online shopping is for those that know exactly what they're looking for and doesn't give you the chance to pick up and play.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Please don’t be like my parents when they bought my first guitar for Xmas decades ago & not get an amp. Had to rest the backend of it against a wall stud in my room to get any sound out of it!
Lol I was a shithead kid

One Christmas I unwrapped a present and it was an amp, I was a campaigner of a kid that was like 'i have an acoustic guitar an amp won't work!' to my parents. They then rightly snapped at me that I was an ungrateful s**t and to finish unwrapping all my presents before I have a tanty. Sure enough there was an electric guitar waiting.

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol I was a sh*thead kid

One Christmas I unwrapped a present and it was an amp, I was a campaigner of a kid that was like 'i have an acoustic guitar an amp won't work!' to my parents. They then rightly snapped at me that I was an ungrateful sh*t and to finish unwrapping all my presents before I have a tanty. Sure enough there was an electric guitar waiting.

And you're still annoyed that people buy you unwanted musical instruments.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lol I was a sh*thead kid

One Christmas I unwrapped a present and it was an amp, I was a campaigner of a kid that was like 'i have an acoustic guitar an amp won't work!' to my parents. They then rightly snapped at me that I was an ungrateful sh*t and to finish unwrapping all my presents before I have a tanty. Sure enough there was an electric guitar waiting.

I remember my sister and I both banding together one xmas after a disappointing present haul & telling my parents thanks but there's nothing here we really want you can donate it all to the poor children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back