Banter TRTT Part 13: 2021 Goodbye (To 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would regard myself as a libertarian, but all freedoms and liberties need to be weighed up against the potential damage they could cause.

In this instance, it has become impossible to argue that your right to bear arms is greater than the rights of kids to go to school without being freaking murdered by some psychopath gunman. It's batshit crazy.

I would regard myself as a libertarian, but all freedoms and liberties need to be weighed up against the potential damage they could cause.

In this instance, it has become impossible to argue that your right to bear arms is greater than the rights of kids to go to school without being freaking murdered by some psychopath gunman. It's batshit crazy.
Yep.

In the 10 years since the Sandy Hook school massacre that killed 20 kids and 6 adults there have been more than 3,500 mass shootings in the US.

And yet one simple measure that would simply ensure that all firearm sales are registered (and restrict not one legal gun sale) has not been passed by the US Congress.

This has nothing to do with civil liberties or the second amendment of the US Constitution. It is all about one mega-rich and all powerful right wing political lobby organisation wanting to retain influence and control.

As you say - bat s**t crazy.

its wasnt what they envisaged but their argument still remains. The access to firearms has always been available to Americans, it wasnt until the rise of popular culture that America started having problems with randam shootings. Before the 1970's this type of thing didnt really happen despite firearms being easily available. I think there is a huge corellation between these events and the breakdown of the family unit and society in general which is why other countries with the same accessability to firearms dont have this problem.
So you're saying that because things have changed it's now time to get rid of the guns, right?

TeeKray at libertarian meetings

What, because American citizens need to protect themselves from their own Government? How many times in the past 200+ years have the citizens needed to form an armed militia to fight their government?
Americans citizens have to be the most dunked on people in the world when it comes to their own government. Extremely cucked populace.

Part of me doesn't give a stuff about US gun control as they don't really want to change, but I have friends there and so I don't want to see them killed by f.uckwits. Plus I don't want to be shot when I visit there.

But money talks in US so you have to buy the politicians just like the NRA does. I have sent this Gruen 2017 Pitch campaign done by one of the agencies, to a handful of friends in the US and they all said it would probably work. The other one was a soppy do the right thing ad and all of them said it wouldn't work.

They low ball it I think. 3% of USA = 10mil and $5 each = $50m warchest to outspend the NRA. They should aim higher and not f.uck around at the crematorium and go for 100m x $200 each and get a $20bil warchest.

Senators for Sale - out bid, out bride the NRA.

I saw this graphic only yesterday. Apart from that horrific Anders Brevik massacre in Norway a few years ago, they don't seem to have the same problem as the US, despite the preponderance of guns in that part of Europe...

View attachment 1408368

I'm guessing USA would be a dark shade of jet black on that scale.

I'm fairly sure the only guns accessible to the public in Norway are basic bolt action/semi auto rifles, not pseudo assault weapons.

Americans citizens have to be the most dunked on people in the world when it comes to their own government. Extremely cucked populace.

Worked in the 'States' for a year with a mobile seismic survey party of 19 people. There had been an 'incident' with another

party that prompted HQ to do a gun audit. On our crew, 41 guns amongst 19 people that included myself and some others

who didn't own a gun. This crew had 5 people with a high level of formal education of whom 1 had a gun.

The rest of the crew could accurately be described as under educated, narrow minded, drug using yobos.

Very insular in their thinking and very ignorant about the rest of the world. Not the sort of people you'd seek out for

a good time rage. I learnt very early on to be wary around them. Incredible country of natural beauty but your

much better off keeping a low profile. Got caught up in a road rage incident where I gave this guy the finger.

Both Americans in the car at the time said "don't ever do that again Aussie".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 18 year old gunman, described as a young man with a violent temper, purchased two AR15 weapons and 375 rounds of ammunition on the day after his 18th birthday.

Perfectly legal under Texas gun laws that were expanded by the Republican led government less than 12 months ago.

Pledging to keep Texas a “bastion of freedom,” Gov. Greg Abbott in June signed seven laws, (one of which allows people to legally carry handguns without licenses)

“Texas will always be the leader in defending the Second Amendment, which is why we built a barrier around gun rights this session,” Abbott said that day, flanked by representatives of the National Rifle Association who played a key role in supporting his election.

220524-greg-abbott-second-amendment-legislation-ew-722p-50cd5b.jpg

The model of assault weapon believed to have been used by the murderer:

NINTCHDBPICT000357848221.jpg

*ing madness.

The 18 year old gunman, described as a young man with a violent temper, purchased two AR15 weapons and 375 rounds of ammunition on the day after his 18th birthday.

Perfectly legal under Texas gun laws that were expanded by the Republican led government less than 12 months ago.

Pledging to keep Texas a “bastion of freedom,” Gov. Greg Abbott in June signed seven laws, (one of which allows people to legally carry handguns without licenses)

“Texas will always be the leader in defending the Second Amendment, which is why we built a barrier around gun rights this session,” Abbott said that day, flanked by representatives of the National Rifle Association who played a key role in supporting his election.

220524-greg-abbott-second-amendment-legislation-ew-722p-50cd5b.jpg

The model of assault weapon believed to have been used by the murderer:

NINTCHDBPICT000357848221.jpg

f*n madness.
Where is the gunman shooting all of those scum of the earth politicians and NRA guys when you actually need them?

There's a lot of 'imposing our views' on a different culture here for me.

I don't see it as connected to the abortion debate apart from it being about fundamental rights of a person to choose for themselves. As is enshrine in much of US Culture and law.

When it comes to weapons, we as Australians have imported our ideas from the UK moreso than the US.

It is a massive part of their formative culture, enshrined in their laws, immeasurably linked to their rugged individualism and perceived as a leveller for the whole society, which in a way it is, whilst also causing its own problems.

Scummy organisations like the NRA have made things a lot worse than they would have been or are in other countries with similar responses to firearms.

What, because American citizens need to protect themselves from their own Government? How many times in the past 200+ years have the citizens needed to form an armed militia to fight their government?
your right, but there in lies the argument, the government tend to tackle things differently when the guy on the other end has a firearm pointing at them. If the firearm isnt there then government can act how they like. You can argue because of the firearm peace is kept between the government and the wider population. Weapons are a deterrent, thats why countries get nuclear weapons to show that they have power if needed.

How much xp for those old hand cranks you had to use to wind ya car up before you could start them

I remember reading that the Model T still had a hand crank for five years or something after its competitors all had starter motors. So you could say Henry Ford was the edgie of his time.

Too much.

Funny enough my grandpa used to collect and restore old old cars like that and others that used a crank. He was a beer drinking fist fighting roo shooting knife wielding wife cheating I never really met him, he had to leave town after a horse head went through his window, apparently moved to an old shack in the outskirts of Peterborough.

So yes. Don't do that. Completely testosterone overload.

As far as I can tell, the NRA is a 'rifle owners association' that sells itself as a civil rights movement but in truth is a lobby group for weapon manufacturers.

They aren't paying off senators so that John Boy Walton and his good old boys can mow down wild pigs with M16 assault rifles.

They're paying them off so that the likes of Smith & Wesson can sell the s**t and keep their shareholders happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back