Banter TRTT Part 13: 2021 Goodbye (To 2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The story about a private investor announcing plans to build a new ice rink in Sa has brought my favourite people out of the woodwork. The outraged “what about the homeless?!!??!!!?” Crowd.

They are the biggest indictment on education ever and the fact that these people appear to be quite common resigns me to the fact, nay, for the unverse’s own good, pleasure, we will die out as a species.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The story about a private investor announcing plans to build a new ice rink in Sa has brought my favourite people out of the woodwork. The outraged “what about the homeless?!!??!!!?” Crowd.

They are the biggest indictment on education ever and the fact that these people appear to be quite common resigns me to the fact, nay, for the unverse’s own good, pleasure, we will die out as a species.

Basil Zempilas has announced plans to simply bury the homeless under the ice

FB_IMG_1652525293060.jpg

Garibaldi Red

Cancelled
Bring Back the Bars
Jul 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Nottingham Forest
Terrible news. There will only be 2 groups happy today. Wild pigs and fish. RIP Roy

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Jeez terrible news, he was awesome when he was on Roy I preferred watching him to Gilchrist in that regard.
Agree. One of my faves.
Such a tragedy (another one so soon) o_O:cry:

Useful part time bowler in two styles (off spin and slow medium pace), as good a fieldsman I've seen aside from Viv Richards and Paul Sheehan (showing my age there), and thunderous batsmen when he was "on".

Loved him in those one-day World Cup victories. Had a habit of going missing when others flourished, but lifted to another level when the team was struggling, and took it on himself to carry them on his shoulders.

Hit a six once onto the pavillion roof over the long boundary at one ground - either the Gabba or SCG. About as big a shot as I've seen (apparently Garry Sobers playing for SA in the '60s hit a back foot on drive off of Alan Davidson onto the scorecoard bar roof at AO once, but I never saw that - must have been some sort of shot!).

Loved his dry wit commentary as well, particularly his hand written "fielding mistakes charts" :D

Agree with comments that the racial abuse issue with Harbijan Singh was dreadfully handled, and he was thrown under the bus by spineless cowards at the ACB. Left Symo with a bitter taste in his mouth towards Aussie cricket officialdom thereafter, and hastened his decision to retire from international cricket. Think he may have played a season in the IPL???

Haydos will be surely mourning the loss of his pig-hunting and sport-fishing best mate today. :(
Another in the long line of cheeky and irascible Aussie sportsmen, that you just love watching and hearing about their exploits!

Vale Roy.

Another one heads off to join Jones, Marsh, Warnie, et al way too soon.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Symonds could've played for the West Indies & England as well if I recall correctly due to his family roots & being born in England.
He obviously saw himself an an aussie through & through rightly so, but it was an era choc full of talent he could've nicked off and gained easy selection for the Windies or the Poms.

*Taylor just said something about AB talking him out of playing for England, interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back