Universal Love TRTT Part 7: Swimming & T*ts Variety Bash

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid tries to throw cat in the water and the cat is the campaigner in this scenario?

The little s**t.

Is it wrong to hold his head under the water, to reach a lesson to be good to others, at that age?

Is that PC these days or hypocritical?

I was entertained by it, but it was very paint-by-numbers, replete with heaps of artistic license taken with the timeline and facts.

But hey, we live in a world where a mediocre Marvel film and its trademark formula has been nominated for Best Picture.

It's not oscar material, and they clearly use multiple singers to stand in for metal god Marky Mark, and the 'quits rock n roll to wear baggy sweaters and sing alt-rock ballads in coffee houses as former band fades to obscurity' is cheesy at best and hindsight 20/20 at worst (80s metal bands like Iron Maiden still doing stadium tours, Judas Priest nominated for best metal album, Ozzy Osbourne still kicking on (barely)) but it's got some spirit about it, Jennifer Anniston in her prime, and the original songs fit in great with the setting.

If you are referring to artistic license taken with facts re: the original Judas Priest concept, I think they decided that when they ditched it in favour of a fictional story.

Last edited:

It's not oscar material, and they clearly use multiple singers to stand in for metal god Marky Mark, and the 'quits rock n roll to wear baggy sweaters and sing alt-rock ballads in coffee shops' is cheesy at best and hindsight 20/20 at worst, but it's got some spirit about it, Jennifer Anniston in her prime, and the original songs fit in great with the setting.

If you are referring to artistic license taken with facts re: the original Judas Priest concept, I think they decided that when they ditched it in favour of a fictional story.
ok, have not read the thread but in my experience "oscar material" is a criteria that rarely equates to quality.

It's not oscar material, and they clearly use multiple singers to stand in for metal god Marky Mark, and the 'quits rock n roll to wear baggy sweaters and sing alt-rock ballads in coffee shops' is cheesy at best and hindsight 20/20 at worst, but it's got some spirit about it, Jennifer Anniston in her prime, and the original songs fit in great with the setting.

i had the tv on last night and it had an early episode of friends on
prime jennifer aniston was something else. she seemed to fall off hard. it must have been rough getting ditched by the sexiest man in the universe

co-worker, tryna set me up with her best friend: I think you’d be a good match! She's 32, really pretty and has six kids (my added emphasis.)
me:

View attachment 624298

I had an Andrews Farm rental applicant 3 weeks ago....

Single mum, 6 kids.

Hahaha * no.

I had an Andrews Farm rental applicant 3 weeks ago....

Single mum, 6 kids.

Hahaha **** no.

You could have offered her it so long as she paid a bond of the entire mortgage.

i had the tv on last night and it had an early episode of friends on
prime jennifer aniston was something else. she seemed to fall off hard. it must have been rough getting ditched by the sexiest man in the universe

SBS Viceland had some of the very early Monty Python shows on last night - fifty years old they are now, and they looked it. I only caught about half a show and the only bit I remembered was the "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!" sketch.

SBS Viceland had some of the very early Monty Python shows on last night - fifty years old they are now, and they looked it. I only caught about half a show and the only bit I remembered was the "nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more!" sketch.

50 years old, jesus.

i do love that sketch. "what's it like, then?"

a lot of them still hold up. the dead parrot, argument department, ministry of silly walks etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, they had the first 2 episodes on last week. The end credits were interesting for Ep1, went through the cast and then added featuring Terry Gilliam. Ep2 he was included with the rest of the group.

I was a bit peeved this morning when I realised I had missed it last night.

This is my favourite sketch.

Michel Palin tells the story that when they started setting up for that sketch the water level was much higher and he wasn't expecting to fall quite so far.

My favourite is the travel agency sketch with the bloke who can't say the letter b ranting on and on about Watney's Red Barrel...

i reckon the primo games (mk2, sf2 turbo, nba jam) were up to $2 a play by the mid 90s. you must have been a hell of a player if that'd keep you going 2 hrs
Maybe a little b4 that? Remember double dragon 2 was awesum... timezone was expensive (but lock ins were great)

40c a game kept me happy for 2 hours lol

Maybe a little b4 that? Remember double dragon 2 was awesum... timezone was expensive (but lock ins were great)

40c a game kept me happy for 2 hours lol

yeah it was all about the lockins. mum would give me like $5 or $6 in change sometimes which was great for a few games... but when you got to go to the lockins... life could literally not get any better. although proudest moment was dominating fatal fury on the machine next to the local laundry on one 50c piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back