Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha turned on AA sports show about 15 minutes ago and 2nd caller I heard was Port supporter Johhny from Port Augusta - sounding half sober. He was very subdued. KG asked why, isn't he happy about the showdown win. Said he was, but said he was disappointed about the cricket.

Then said he is disappointed Justin Langer brought in the most selfish cricketer in Australian history - Steve Waugh into the fold on the team bus and at the hotel and off he goes about how selfish he was. Think this is Johnny's favourite topic. He always gives it a good crack. As soon as says Ian Chappell and Steve Waugh has said it as well KG shuts up and lets him ramble on.
If Ian Chappell jumped off a cliff Johnny from Port Augusta would cup his balls and jump with him.

If Ian Chappell jumped off a cliff Johnny from Port Augusta would cup his balls and jump with him.

Chappelli is such a weird cat.

Would have you believe a midweek Sheffield Shield dead rubber with Tasmania in front of 32 unemployed & infirm was simultaneously responsible for the war and peace in Vietnam.

Chappelli is such a weird cat.

Would have you believe a midweek Sheffield Shield dead rubber with Tasmania in front of 32 unemployed & infirm was simultaneously responsible for the war and peace in Vietnam.
There's gotta be more to the Botham thing than what we know & Viv swears the Ian Chappell lead Aussies racially vilified him in the 1970's despite old mate's denials.

I get the feeling he was a real campaigner at times probably still is.

No doubt at all that Chappelli would have been - and probably still is - a prick of a bloke.

As an 80s kid though, I refuse to believe brother Greg was as well.

Did anyone ever try the Pirate Life Dark with the purple label? I seen a poster of it at the brewery and asked the fella and he said it was only a very limited run.

Had a couple of pints of that Pirate Life stout last night. Yum. Happy my taste buds have clicked with dark beer, finally.

Coopers Stout is very good. Like yummy good. Actually prefer it to Guinness. Had a Tooheys old the other day which was nice too but I think is a dark ale not a stout so in the context of this conversation makes it only slightly related.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coopers Stout is very good. Like yummy good. Actually prefer it to Guinness. Had a Tooheys old the other day which was nice too but I think is a dark ale not a stout so in the context of this conversation makes it only slightly related.

Southwark Stout is better. Doubt you'd be able to get it in Sydney though. It's not that easy to get in Adelaide TBH.

Guinness is too sweet and too low in alcohol. A good stout, like Coopers, should taste like someone found a way to turn burnt toast into a liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back