Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

September 20th is Brazil's Gaucho Day.

In September 20th, 1835, my homestate (South Rio Grande) declared independence from the Empire. The war lasted 10 years: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragamuffin_War

We lost, but the pride still remains alive. Our official flag and anthem are the revolutionary ones.

images

Uruguay adopted 09/20 as the day to celebrate Gaucho tradition as well.

Happy Gaucho Day, mates!

September 20th is Brazil's Gaucho Day.

In September 20th, 1835, my homestate (South Rio Grande) declared independence from the Empire. The war lasted 10 years: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragamuffin_War

We lost, but the pride still remains alive. Our official flag and anthem are the revolutionary ones.

images

Uruguay adopted 09/20 as the day to celebrate Gaucho tradition as well.

Happy Gaucho Day, mates!

58300e40606f246922fa7b58b66c569f.jpg

Mothers Milk was the absolute high point of their career and I can’t even listen to that anymore
No way , MM was a mixture of the crap they did before MM and BSSM.

After that it just turned into a under the bridge repeat for the next ten albums.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of the animal welfare argument one of changes that has to happen is for the world to move to a predominantly vegetarian diet. It would help deal with so many environmental issues

You don't think the massive increase required in cropping to cover for the shortfall in protein levels would have a significant environmental impact?

how ******* awful is the current bigfooty layout. It's like a website from the mid 2000's. That big ugly text at the top for notices which you need to dismiss, the ugly as * score scroller thing. gross.

You don't think the massive increase required in cropping to cover for the shortfall in protein levels would have a significant environmental impact?
No - the reduction in the growing of feed for the animals would easily have that covered. More land is used for growing feed for the animals we eat than is used for crops for human consumption

No - the reduction in the growing of feed for the animals would easily have that covered. More land is used for growing feed for the animals we eat than is used for crops for human consumption

Yeah I've seen that bit of info floated around. I'd be interested in where that actually comes from. Certainly in the case of Australia it is bullshit. If we were to produce the same amount of food energy in Australia without animal protein we would have to clear vast amounts of land for cropping, which incidentally would release the stored carbon in the soil.

Yep. At a cost most of the world's consumers are not able to afford. But what the hell, let them starve.
lol you knob

Mushrooms grow a bunch of places that dont require deforestation is my point not that 100% of proteins should come from them and ppl should starve because of it. Its all part of how you address the problem, but I see why you want it black and white and its because your argument doesnt stand up to real scrutiny

Proteins are everywhere if you need them. Big fat vats of it sometimes, others from mushrooms/fungi, beans have proteins, heaps of options.

I’m not vegetarian but its stupid to pretend its impossible for large numbers of people to live that way without causing catastrophe

Ok... lets say hypothetically the entire world goes vegan, what happens to the billions of animals that are purely bred for human consumption?

Other than for meat or milk, livestock has no use and would be a massive burden to us and the environment.

Ok... lets say hypothetically the entire world goes vegan, what happens to the billions of animals that are purely bred for human consumption?

Other than for meat or milk, livestock has no use and would be a massive burden to us and the environment.
Lol another one

As meat eating declines you breed meat animals in smaller quantities and eventually you have very few if any? What is with the ‘instant vegetarian catastrophe’ thing here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back