Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol why does sheev look like he's about to appear in an animated series?

A) please dont ******* ruin sheev
B) hurry up and release the movie so this atrocity of a trilogy can * off
C) * Disney

FB_IMG_1566696904299.jpg

The new Airboune song is a great example of wasting a killer riff on an average song.

Just like TLJ was a great example of wasting a great poster on a bad movie.

At least Episode 9 doesn't have that problem!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new Airboune song is a great example of wasting a killer riff on an average song.

Just like TLJ was a great example of wasting a great poster on a bad movie.

At least Episode 9 doesn't have that problem!

Boneshaker? Sounds identical to what they've always done. Where they succeed is the ease they're able to pimp their songs out to sporting ads.

Boneshaker? Sounds identical to what they've always done. Where they succeed is the ease they're able to pimp their songs out to sporting ads.

Nah. I mean as singles maybe if that's all you've heard but the whole albums were more diverse. There started off closer to Motorhead than AC/DC with sounds of other rock bands in there like Def Leppard, Angels or GnR. Now they've become strictly and solely AC/DC influenced, and it's getting boring even by my standards.

That very first riff has a cool sound to it then it immediately turns in to three chord three minute rock.

Nah. I mean as singles maybe if that's all you've heard but the whole albums were more diverse. There started off closer to Motorhead than AC/DC with sounds of other rock bands in there like Def Leppard, Angels or GnR. Now they are strictly and solely AC/DC influenced, and it's getting boring even by my standards.

That very first riff has a cool sound to it then it immediately turns in to three chord three minute rock.

I got the first couple of albums when they first came out. Runnin Wild is still a banger and one of the best live bands I'd ever seen at the time. Saw them in a small pub in Renmark and it was unreal. I think they needed to start doing something different but each album sounds like more of the same thing.

I got the first couple of albums when they first came out. Runnin Wild is still a banger and one of the best live bands I'd ever seen at the time. Saw them in a small pub in Renmark and it was unreal. I think they needed to start doing something different but each album sounds like more of the same thing.

I think the first three are classics, number four started to get stale and number five isn't looking promising. They had their own sound but they appear to have a bigger hard on for Acca Dacca than me.

Which is ironic because AC/DC's best albums show a variety of rock n roll songwriting. Something Airbourne have forgotten.

It's a shame because Joel is a good bloke and they are a great performing band and good musicians who listen to a lot of guitar music, but that isn't coming through in their songs anymore. They sound more like a career cover band that has decided to give originals a go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back