Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you read the Darth Plagueis EU book edgie? It's very good and does a lot to mend the plot of the prequels.

I have not but I'm often playing with this at home which is fun.

Mind you I don't think the prequels need mending in that regard. The lore it introduced is fine to me. The problem was the setting and the uh, writing and acting.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should never umpire again...
How the fk did he not give that out..

I think it’s showing a psychological effect of DRS on the ground umpires themselves.

I wonder if when an umpire knows one side has no reviews left, that decisions that err on the side of caution go slightly against that side.

It’s as though the ump doesn’t want to know that a decision review will be conducted by the media anyway, in near real time, using the same supporting tech.

AFL moves too quickly, too chaotically for any wider “review” system beyond the existing “dead ball” zone of score review.

Cricket can easily afford the additional interruption that tennis allows: a match referee who can instantly overrule a linesman’s evidently incorrect decision and whose call is similarly allowed to be challenged by the players.

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, I reckon that umpire is done. Bloody hell, what’s the point of even having them there if they can’t make the most straightforward call.

Most of them won't even put the finger up for a run out when the batsman is a metre out of his ground now without checking, the DRS system has turned them into wimps.

I still find the finish to the cricket hard to fathom. A rare sporting event where literally everyone shat themselves.

Australia drop a key catch, plenty of poor fielding/overthrows. Our pace bowlers panic and forget how to get out a tailender.

Then Paine wastes a review for bizarre reasons.

Stokes plays risky shots when all they need is a handful of runs. Leach sprints for a run that was never there. Lyon botches a simple run out, then seemingly makes up for it by trapping Stokes plumb lbw, yet Wilson somehow freezes and gives it not out when there was nothing promoting any doubt about it.

Surely cricket will move to allow the umpires to access replays/the third umpire if there's any doubt or to clarify things to make their decisions. Both this game and the World Cup finals had key errors affecting the result.

I still find the finish to the cricket hard to fathom. A rare sporting event where literally everyone shat themselves.

Australia drop a key catch, plenty of poor fielding/overthrows. Our pace bowlers panic and forget how to get out a tailender.

That's why they need Starc back in - bowling to the tailenders is his specialty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back