Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is provided by the state, it's just funded via a user pays, "Higher Education Contribution Scheme", applied to those who gain employment.

Even if you don’t gain employment you pay I reckon. The gov comes after your HECS debt from your estate if you die before paying it off.

Even if you don’t gain employment you pay I reckon. The gov comes after your HECS debt from your estate if you die before paying it off.

That's the new system, HELP. (Higher Education Loan Program)

Too many lazy Gen Xers clocked up multiple arts degrees in the 90s and then went on the dole so they never had to pay anything back.

It is provided by the state, it's just funded via a user pays, "Higher Education Contribution Scheme", applied to those who gain employment.
- Universities aren’t the state
- The state provides a finance arrangement, not education
- You can tell its a finance arrangement because it entirely ignores the outcome of education (eg. it charges for incomplete degrees that no one recognised as valuable)
- It provides a threshold of non-repayment but still pings interest during non-repayment for some reason

HECS/HELP is the same bullshit as new stuff like the NDIS, turning the state into a financier with limited liability and obligation, instead of actually providing services that you, Bomber, were in line to receive prior to 1989

lol nice.

It's not really an interest bearing loan though, it gets indexed with CPI. On a 30k debt that's like 500 a year. I'd hardly call that interest.

Keep watching 30sec fights on Twitter or what ever it's on... I have mixed emotions... some of the fights are funny... then I think it's a sad world we live in these days..

Keep watching 30sec fights on Twitter or what ever it's on... I have mixed emotions... some of the fights are funny... then I think it's a sad world we live in these days..

2dirty4u

the way to go is do a bunch of degrees, never earn above the threshhold, never have any kids then develop a terminal disease, take out a bunch of loans and buy a fancy car and go on holiday, then die.

really sticking it to the man

Just an old campaigner... some of the king hits are brutal.

Watched one earlier couple of guys on motorbikes arguing with some dude.. next minute dude swings his helmet straight into the dudes face...

Maybe I'm old school.. come at me with ya fists.. dont bring weapons and or mates to the fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What i find unfair about HECS is that if you can afford to pay up front fees (thanks Mummy and Daddy) then you get a 25% discount. But if you are born to the poor folk you get to pay 100% plus interest.

So when 2 people, one whose parents have paid up front and one who has a HECS debt enter the workforce, they are not starting from the same place and most possibly will not end up at the same place.

The moral is: choose better parents next time.

What i find unfair about HECS is that if you can afford to pay up front fees (thanks Mummy and Daddy) then you get a 25% discount. But if you are born to the poor folk you get to pay 100% plus interest.

So when 2 people, one whose parents have paid up front and one who has a HECS debt enter the workforce, they are not starting from the same place and most possibly will not end up at the same place.

The moral is: choose better parents next time.
As someone coming from column B in your comparison I’m just glad HECS existed because without it no Uni for me

Presented for your consideration... Maps without Victoria

jasbf2ni1ub31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back