giphy.gif

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
Honestly I thought it was a bit sad. Most of these people are just misfits who’ve found a community with a crazy campfire to huddle around, so part of their denial stems from not wanting to lose that connection with people. This is the s**t that keeps people in religion, even if only tenuously.

and the AFC.

Is Costco worth bothering with?

If you enjoy fighting with Asians and overweight bogans over catering packs of out of date wafer sticks and $3 roast chickens, then you’ll love it

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
No negative growth in real GDP, Immigration saved us, but growth is soft, below expectations and real GDP per capita has been negative 2 quarters in a row. Last 6 months says annualized growth is at 1%.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-economy-q4-gdp-2019-3
Australia’s economy continued to slow in the December quarter. And without population growth, the economy went backwards. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), the economy grew by 0.2% in seasonally adjusted chain volume terms during the quarter, undershooting forecasts for an increase of 0.3%. Growth in the September quarter, originally reported at 0.3%, was left unchanged.

With the economy decelerating sharply in the second half of the year, growth over the year slowed to 2.3%, below the 2.5% level expected. That was also well below the 2.8% year-ended pace forecast by the RBA just a month ago. It also sits below the 2.75% level where many expect inflation and unemployment will remain stable, casting renewed doubt over the bank’s economic forecasts, especially should recent trends continue.

With Australian population growth running around 0.4% per quarter, and real GDP growing by 0.2%, per capita GDP went backwards during the quarter, falling 0.2%. Combined with a 0.1% decline in the prior quarter, that means Australia has officially entered a per capita recession. That means that while the Australian economy has become larger as a whole, the share among individuals has actually become smaller.

It implies that productivity per person has declined. Sluggish productivity has been a feature in Australian since the GFC, a factor that has suppressed growth in household incomes, contributing to weak inflationary pressures and helping to explain why Australia’s cash rate sits at just 1.5%. Australia is not the only advanced economy that is currently struggling to overcome weak productivity growth.

A per capita recession has not been seen in Australia since the mid-2000s. Until today, that is.
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-economy-q4-gdp-2019-3

This is why both sides of politics are so gung ho at accelerating our immigration without doing the accompanying infrastructure spend. It makes the books look good. Smoke and mirrors s**t.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is why both sides of politics are so gung ho at accelerating our immigration without doing the accompanying infrastructure spend. It makes the books look good. Smoke and mirrors s**t.

the 24/7 media cycle means we're stuck in a world of braindead visionless political leaders whose sole aim is looking good in the newspolls and making it to the next election in 3 years time.

Relativity

Premiership Player
Oct 28, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port
the 24/7 media cycle means we're stuck in a world of braindead visionless political leaders whose sole aim is looking good in the newspolls and making it to the next election in 3 years time.

It's like you've hacked into my brain. It is all about news and election cycles. Survival of the cunningest politician. Buy the media and skew the news. It has gone on for decades but is getting progressively worse. Unfortunately any visionary needs to be able operate within that 24h/3yr cycle. But at what cost to the vision?

I have something to say.

The world would be a much better place if we could see things from the point of view of others and be considerate of their needs and wants before our own.

Unfortunately, the lie of evolutionary replication of only the strongest genetic material has seen a distinct rise in ultra competitive and therefore destructive behaviour. When the reality is that throughout the natural world there is more evidence of mutual aid - helping each other for the benefit of both - than there is competition.

And you see it in this thread. People being hyper aggressive about their opinions, actively attempting to belittle others that might have a contrarian view with a pre-emptive strike where they accuse anyone of disagreeing with them of being an idiot or worse.

I’m not sure where it was stated that a difference of opinion is a declaration of war, but here we are.

The problem with the world comes from a lack of imagination. No one dreams anymore, and if they do, it’s about how they can monetise that dream instead of wanting to make the world a better place because we want to see the emancipation of the human race. We don’t reach for the stars, we try to pull the stars down to earth.

The word imagination literally means “to picture one’s self”. And it’s that imagination that determines our reality, because we cannot build that which we haven’t pictured in our mind.

You are a slave to the idea that you can’t make a difference, and in believing that lie, it becomes your reality. So in essence...you are the very cause of the problem with the world you are complaining about. The only reason you think you can’t do anything about it is because you’re too much of a coward to do so. Because it’s somebody else’s problem. If the world wasn’t in such a state of perpetual cowardice and isolation there would have been a revolution against this bullshit system back in 2008 with the GFC.

People who are in tune with themselves know there is something fundamentally wrong with a world severed from spirit - the collective consciousness of humanity. It is that connection that makes life worth living - that feeling of being part of something greater. Something positive and upbuilding. That’s why happiness is so fleeting - we try to fill this emotional and spiritual need with material possessions but that is only ever transient. And now social media has given us the tools to advertise our need to the world, finding groups of people who have the same needs as us...so we can sit around and complain about how we can’t do anything about filling it, or worse, get the fulfilment of that need simply through people we’ve never met agreeing with our opinion. But in doing so, it has created even greater walls of isolation for those who don’t have the ability to express themselves.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think operating from an ideology of mutual aid is a great way to make real progress.

Trewth

shootin from the lip
Mar 21, 2011
amongst the rabble
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks, Canucks, Raiders, St Pauli
I have something to say.

The world would be a much better place if we could see things from the point of view of others and be considerate of their needs and wants before our own.

Unfortunately, the lie of evolutionary replication of only the strongest genetic material has seen a distinct rise in ultra competitive and therefore destructive behaviour. When the reality is that throughout the natural world there is more evidence of mutual aid - helping each other for the benefit of both - than there is competition.

And you see it in this thread. People being hyper aggressive about their opinions, actively attempting to belittle others that might have a contrarian view with a pre-emptive strike where they accuse anyone of disagreeing with them of being an idiot or worse.

I’m not sure where it was stated that a difference of opinion is a declaration of war, but here we are.

The problem with the world comes from a lack of imagination. No one dreams anymore, and if they do, it’s about how they can monetise that dream instead of wanting to make the world a better place because we want to see the emancipation of the human race. We don’t reach for the stars, we try to pull the stars down to earth.

The word imagination literally means “to picture one’s self”. And it’s that imagination that determines our reality, because we cannot build that which we haven’t pictured in our mind.

You are a slave to the idea that you can’t make a difference, and in believing that lie, it becomes your reality. So in essence...you are the very cause of the problem with the world you are complaining about. The only reason you think you can’t do anything about it is because you’re too much of a coward to do so. Because it’s somebody else’s problem. If the world wasn’t in such a state of perpetual cowardice and isolation there would have been a revolution against this bullshit system back in 2008 with the GFC.

People who are in tune with themselves know there is something fundamentally wrong with a world severed from spirit - the collective consciousness of humanity. It is that connection that makes life worth living - that feeling of being part of something greater. Something positive and upbuilding. That’s why happiness is so fleeting - we try to fill this emotional and spiritual need with material possessions but that is only ever transient. And now social media has given us the tools to advertise our need to the world, finding groups of people who have the same needs as us...so we can sit around and complain about how we can’t do anything about filling it, or worse, get the fulfilment of that need simply through people we’ve never met agreeing with our opinion. But in doing so, it has created even greater walls of isolation for those who don’t have the ability to express themselves.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think operating from an ideology of mutual aid is a great way to make real progress.

I agree with the message here, but I did chortle after I read the opening talking about how s**t it is when people belittle each other then the next paragraph calls people slaves and cowards.

You’re your own worst enemy sometimes Janus.

I agree with the message here, but I did chortle after I read the opening talking about how s**t it is when people belittle each other then the next paragraph calls people slaves and cowards.

You’re your own worst enemy sometimes Janus.

I include myself in that you know. The entire world is filled with cowardice.

It’s cowardice that allows people of fame and fortune to believe they can abuse children while the parents turn a blind eye.

It’s cowardice that allows governments to govern to remain in power without the people holding them to account by doing something more than just voting in the other guy who is just as bad.

It’s cowardice that makes us turn away from human suffering but then wag our heads at it when those that are under the pressure of an extreme situation lash out with violence, perpetuating a cycle of hate.

And that’s where society wants you. But it doesn’t have to be that way.

If you want me to be overly positive and tell you everything is great...it’s not. People who tell you how wonderful life is are living in a selfish dream world. I’m saying that turning that dream into a reality for everyone is not that hard if everyone just worked together, exhibited empathy and stopped thinking that life has to be some great struggle because that is what evolution dictates. Because it doesn’t at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Once a year i will be driving along and a rather large arachnid will produce itself in view causing me to hyperventilate and it to play hide and seek at every set of traffic lights.

Watching that footage makes me want to silicone seal every gap in my car, of course then i wont be able to get in or out or drive but it would be spider proof.

Once a year i will be driving along and a rather large arachnid will produce itself in view causing me to hyperventilate and it to play hide and seek at every set of traffic lights.

Watching that footage makes me want to silicone seal every gap in my car, of course then i wont be able to get in or out or drive but it would be spider proof.

I showed that clip to my wife and she is currently trying to rearrange her life so that she doesn't have to ride in a car ever again.

Is Costco worth bothering with?

You can go and get a ****ing giant slice of pizza for lunch for like $3, that's pretty good. As for shopping there though, no not really.

Two amateur defensive errors and the jammiest last minute VAR penalty. Couldn't make up how dick kissed Solskjaer is.

On the positive side, he is more likely to get the job full time meaning they are screwed Primus style.

Two amateur defensive errors and the jammiest last minute VAR penalty. Couldn't make up how dick kissed Solskjaer is.
0-2 down after the home leg with only 5 and a half player (DingleTM) against a collection of the most expensive players in the world and get the win. I could kiss Solskjaer on said dick.

On the positive side, he is more likely to get the job full time meaning they are screwed Primus style.
Do you reckon like Matty he will have no support financially from the club? Maybe United will get an ex coach to Skype in to training sessions.

But on a serious note, he is putting himself in a good place to get the job, and may well do, but the last 2 (not counting Moyes) high profile name coaches have not set the world on fire.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can anyone recommend some moderately priced powered speakers? just want to hook them up to a turntable with a built in preamp for a small room.. please no audiophile pricey hijinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back