Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich girls can be tricky. Very entitled.

Not my experience.

Girls are the same as blokes some are campaigners some aren’t.

Background is only a small part of it when you get to a certain age.

Hasn't been my experience. But my girl's parents only got really rich after she passed her teens, so that might have something to do with it.
Nah she’s cool. I don’t know the full story but I don’t think they were always rich, just immigrants who studied and worked for it.
Not my experience.

Girls are the same as blokes some are campaigners some aren’t.

Background is only a small part of it when you get to a certain age.

I was only going by what Hall and Oates sang.

I was only going by what Hall and Oates sang.

I had you pegged as more of a “Kiss is on my list” guy.

Just shows you never really know someone

I was going by what AC/DC said.

I remember their classic:

If I had words
To make a day for you
I'd sing you a morning
Golden and new

I would make this day
Last for all time
Give you a night
Deep in moonshine

:pignose:

It would make me laugh too!

Judo and BJJ is hardly getting beaten up. Try something where you get kicked in the liver then punched in the face!

I remember my old man teaching me the benefit of open hand strikes vs a fist, first han experience. Good times, good father son bonding. Didn't teach me much else but I was well versed in dirty fighting and questionable football tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahah, * off mate. Come to the dojo and get hit by the planet, see how it feels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would make me laugh too!

Judo and BJJ is hardly getting beaten up. Try something where you get kicked in the liver then punched in the face!

I remember my old man teaching me the benefit of open hand strikes vs a fist, first hand experience. Good times, good father son bonding. Didn't teach me much else but I was well versed in dirty fighting and questionable football tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad is handy in all sorts of skills and trades as he likes to use his hands and also is a stingy bastard. So I spent my youth always helping him.

He also loves martial arts and weapons.

He doesn’t like to talk though so I spent my youth helping him fix things without ever learning what the hell i was doing, I was just a skinny arm that can fit places, and a sparring partner that couldn’t run away as I lived there

I developed the life skills of shutting up and not complaining though. An underrated life skill.

I got to watch Yes Minister AND Star Wars.
Along with Goodies and Dr Who and, thanks to a very lax babysitting Grandpa, Deadly Earnest.

Writing this out explains so much.
I'm going to print it out and send it to my psych.

Hope you got to see the Kenny Everett show as well!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have mixed emotions about the last GoT episode. On one hand it’s the first truly unpredictable thing to happen in a long while and on the other it was a story arc that began 3 episodes ago but prior to that would have been massively out of character.

Varys sums up better than any character how lacking the dialogue and depth of the show have become. Remember his subtle and witty interactions with Tyrion? The show had become so dry there was no place for a someone who isn’t sexy/good with a sword. He had to die because they didn’t know where to take his character next.

Also, as someone who was nerdy enough to read the books, what a ******* was of the Golden Company backstory. They are going to regret pissing that up the wall when the prequels and spin offs start.

I have mixed emotions about the last GoT episode. On one hand it’s the first truly unpredictable thing to happen in a long while and on the other it was a story arc that began 3 episodes ago but prior to that would have been massively out of character.

Varys sums up better than any character how lacking the dialogue and depth of the show have become. Remember his subtle and witty interactions with Tyrion? The show had become so dry there was no place for a someone who isn’t sexy/good with a sword. He had to die because they didn’t know where to take his character next.

Also, as someone who was nerdy enough to read the books, what a ******* was of the Golden Company backstory. They are going to regret pissing that up the wall when the prequels and spin offs start.
The Golden Company in the books, the leaders are descendants of Westeros nobles who were either bastards or who backed the wrong people in politics and got exiled.

They are recruited by Aegon (no not Jon Snow, a character introduced much later in the books supposedly one of the Targ babies ‘killed’ by the Mountain that was swapped for a peasant, so the true heir. More likely he’s a Blackfyre - bastards of Targs from a few generations back who fled to Essos).

Promised ‘their’ lands and titles back for helping him, they aren’t fighting for (or mainly for) gold, they’ve always wanted what they considered their’s even if they are multiple generations removed from Westeros. At end of A Dance with Dragons they’d just landed in Westeros. No interaction yet with Dany’s Book storyline, she’s still in Meereen. The books are early season GOT on steroids for intrigue, misdirection and politics).

The only resemblance to show Golden Company is they are the best fighting company in Essos. Otherwise it’s just a half arsed nod to book fans to call them the Golden Company.

Do you or your other half have any dietary requirements I should know of?

If not animals of all kinds will be slaughtered in your honour and the booze will be plentiful.

No special diets. You can commence the slaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back