Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
They’ve been around for a while and have yet to grab my attention.

Make me think of a mix of the Violet Femmes, They Might Be Giants, and a fentanyl habit

Good comparisons.

He has a very distinctive voice (similar to the VF nasally signs), although they have varied their actual musical sound somewhat, especially over the last few records. Used to be super lo fi.

The frontman is such an interesting character, the podcast 'I only listen to the mountain goats' is worth a listen - regardless of whether or not you like their music.

I’m resigned to The Mountain Goats being this decade’s Sigur Ros, in that a bunch of different places I see people raving about them and on paper they would be a thing I like, but theyre just nothing to me.

Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
We all know this would never work...

tumblr_psezp4YhIS1vjw26lo1_500.jpg

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
I’m resigned to The Mountain Goats being this decade’s Sigur Ros, in that a bunch of different places I see people raving about them and on paper they would be a thing I like, but theyre just nothing to me.
Fair enough, they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Before I’d heard Sigur Ros’ music, I had incorrectly assumed by their name that they were an alternative metal type band.

The disconnect I experienced when I first heard them has resulted in me finding them unlistenable.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maggies, Spurs, Raiders?
Before I’d heard Sigur Ros’ music, I had incorrectly assumed by their name that they were an alternative metal type band.

The disconnect I experienced when I first heard them has resulted in me finding them unlistenable.
I had to Google them and assumed from the images that's what they were so didn't even bother with a cursory listen

Now I'll have to just to see what Avant-Rock is

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

They've been around since the mid 90s and relatively popular ish in indie circles for most of that time? Just commenting on "this decade"

They've been around since the mid 90s and relatively popular ish in indie circles for most of that time? Just commenting on "this decade"
I did not hear of them before this decade. I was relating a personal experience.

Did 3peat MC Hammer parachute pants come with that top?

Related/unrelated

Why were happy pants such a big thing? One of the ugliest stupidest fashion items ever.

+ hypercolour shirts

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Nice, my brother and i both bought 4WD's to do some offroading and fishing but i got the can from my job and my brother is currently working away. :(
Hopefully you find a job soon and you and ya brother can get away.
Not much things better then getting away from the rat race with good mates/family.

LukeSA

Premiership Player
Jun 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hopefully you find a job soon and you and ya brother can get away.
Not much things better then getting away from the rat race with good mates/family.

Yes, hopefully. Job front is very lean at the moment.

We were planning on going to Salt Creek for a fishing trip but its fallen on the wayside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back