Universal Love TRTT Part 8: Random thoughts also sack Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm looking more at moderate midlife crisis rather than full blown personality crisis thanks

So im guessing a couch car is out?

jpeg.jpg

God Youtube's algorithms are weird. Why did they recommend a video of two aussie guys who unclog drains?

And no i haven't been binge watching their videos all day. :oops:

God Youtube's algorithms are weird. Why did they recommend a video of two aussie guys who unclog drains?

And no i haven't been binge watching their videos all day. :oops:

YouTube uses machine learning to predict what you would like to watch based on subject matter that you have previously watched - based on the viewing history of other people who have watched that video. It's using Google's AI that they use for AdWords, so any searches you've made in Google will also come up in your YouTube recommended list.

For example - I started looking into programming in C# and Python, and up comes chess games in my recommended feed. That's because most people who are into programming would be into the technical nature of chess as a recreational pursuit.

But if I look at clips from Skip and Shannon Undisputed, it will come up with a whole bunch of stuff about the NBA/NFL.

So when you see an ad for something that doesn't really apply to you, it just means you've been looking at something that would apply to most people who have looked at the sites you have.

YouTube uses machine learning to predict what you would like to watch based on subject matter that you have previously watched - based on the viewing history of other people who have watched that video. It's using Google's AI that they use for AdWords, so any searches you've made in Google will also come up in your YouTube recommended list.

For example - I started looking into programming in C# and Python, and up comes chess games in my recommended feed. That's because most people who are into programming would be into the technical nature of chess as a recreational pursuit.

But if I look at clips from Skip and Shannon Undisputed, it will come up with a whole bunch of stuff about the NBA/NFL.

So when you see an ad for something that doesn't really apply to you, it just means you've been looking at something that would apply to most people who have looked at the sites you have.

I understand that but i gave google no indication that i would want to watch anything even related to plumbing in any way, plus my main platform is my PC which has ad and tracking blockers.

Ideally, outside of youtube google should have no idea of what im looking at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand that but i gave google no indication that i would want to watch anything even related to plumbing in any way, plus my main platform is my PC which has ad and tracking blockers.

Stop punching words like Kenny and sh1t into Google if you don't want to be served up YouTube plumbing vids.

Watching Chernobyl with my gf and it was a strange realisation that if they hadn’t of stopped the full meltdown that came very close to happening we never would have met. She was born in September 1986 approx 700km from Chernobyl. And no she doesn’t have 2 heads. The radiation didn’t carry that far but a full meltdown explosion that was stopped probably would have and I would be a sad loner.

I watched one political video on YouTube and now every time I open YouTube it feeds me alt right guy channels. Cool site!

Can't believe Toronto still managed to **** it up today. I'm very concerned that they're about to go full Ports.
Ever since I bought a Raptors jersey 2 days ago in Vietnam they're 0-1 so it's my fault for Portsing them.

Oh I also bought a Derozan jersey without realising his entire impact on this playoff series has been from his couch in San Antonio.

Go off, Drizzy.

It could be something as simple as Google knows you’re in Australia and can’t suggest anything using its AI due to the blockers you have, so it’s throwing you random videos from Australia as it’s best guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back