Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1560348105020.jpg

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The discerning music fan made their own mixed tapes rather than buying those crappy compilations so there were no songs that needed skipping
Are you telling me that I was the only one who made a mixed tape with so many why did I tape this moments? My defence is I was a young teen and probably my brain worked in the same way as my mixed tapes chaotic and muddled.
I’m not arguing I wasn’t discerning I spent many an afternoon dancing around my bedroom to Wham. It was the 80s even the clothes were confused!

Magpiespower

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan
Dec 16, 2004
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hits Huge 84 was my go to.

That was the sh!t. Breakin' and Breakdance back-to-back on side one, hot damn. Nik Kershaw, Eurogliders, Queen Cyndi and Wang Chung on side two.

WANG CHUNG FARKEN

HH84 leads with Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, which I loved when it first came out but ended up hating coz the girls would play it every f@%king recess and lunch and even during class. "Kylie, what did I say - no Wham! in maths!" Tables turned next year with Money For Nothing. Payback's a bitch, bitches!

Legit re-collected all these tapes. But they were collateral damage when I moved back to Adelaide. Some hipster muso I worked with took em all and just about every other tape I had. He was gonna record his sh!t onto em and sell em at gigs or something.

Like I didn't need any more reason to procrastinate, but I'm too piss weak to fight this irresistible urge to make a whole bunch of Spotify playlists outta these compilations.

You f@%kers.

Last edited:
That was the sh!t. Breakin' and Breakdance back-to-back on side one, hot damn. Nik Kershaw, Eurogliders, Queen Cyndi and Wang Chung on side two.

WANG CHUNG FARKEN

The tape leads with Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go, which I loved when it first came out but ended up hating coz the girls would play it every f@%king recess and lunch and even during class. "Kylie, what did I say - no Wham! in maths!" Tables turned next year with Money For Nothing. Payback's a bitch, bitches!

Legit re-collected all these tapes. But they were collateral damage when I moved back to Adelaide. Some hipster muso I worked with took em all and just about every other tape I had. He was gonna record his **** onto em and sell em at gigs or something.

Like I didn't need any more reason to procrastinate, but I'm too piss weak to fight this irresistible urge to make a whole bunch of Spotify playlists outta these compilations.

You f@%kers.
I have a Hits of the 80s/early 90s spotify playlist that gets a workout. Has been good for my kids musical edu-macation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back