Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to see Michaelia Cash developing a heart now

I’m hoping at least one media/political advisor currently employed by the coalition has a clue and gets some s**t sorted.

My guess is that they are all at the SCG enjoying corporate hospitality and will fix Australia when the cricket finishes next week.

One of ScoMo‘s worst lines during his promotional visits was, when he was speaking to a volunteer who had lost his business during the fires, he mentioned the continued pay from his employer.

As soon as the vollie again mentioned it was his business ScoMo’s faced went very pale as he realised his error.

Earlier this morning I wrote there is a touch of the Hurricane Katrina and George W Bush's lack of leadership about these fires and Morrison.

That was August 2005 and Bush never recovered in the polls over the next 3 years, from the poor performance of FEMA and other federal agencies over a 2 or 3 week period. These fires could keep going for 8-12 more weeks. Morrison might never recover if things keep going poorly and his lack of leadership continues.

The Louisiana state government and local governments, especially mayor of New Orleans, were bloody hopeless.

At least the state governments and their agencies like RFS and CFA, police, etc are doing a decent job to keep people as safe as possible.

Re the Volunteers/Newstart thing. Getting Centrelink to move on anything quickly is like turning the Queen Mary. A lot of it is automated these days and if you don't tick the box you get cut off. I'm sure they'll fix it but the outrage meter is a bit off on this one.

Surely it's not true that unemployed volunteer fire fighters are not getting their newstart money or whatever it is because they are not fulfilling the job search requirements lol fckn hell.

Probably. My brother had to repetitively when he was in the intensive care unit being touch and go for a couple of months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can hate Abbott all you like and many do for many good reasons but he is actually out there fighting fires not making a dick of himself like the current PM and not posting about it on the internet like we all are.

Scomo would be too fat to do anything, he can't even walk up a small incline before running out of puff

Re the Volunteers/Newstart thing. Getting Centrelink to move on anything quickly is like turning the Queen Mary. A lot of it is automated these days and if you don't tick the box you get cut off. I'm sure they'll fix it but the outrage meter is a bit off on this one.

Scrap the lot of it and replace it with a universal basic income.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said the state governments had been doing a good job compared to the feds. There is an exception.

One state minister The NSW for Emergency Services, David Elliot, went to London on Holidays just before Christmas when the fires had been going for weeks. Think he might get sacked soon after landing.

He coped it and decided as Emergency Services minister he actually should be working in his portfolio back home when his portfolio at a time when his portfolio is at its busiest most years. next day changed his mind.

Last edited:
I said the state governments had been doing a good job compared to the feds. There is an exception.

One state minister The NSW for Emergency Services, David Elliot, went to London on Holidays just before Christmas when the fires had been going for weeks. Thing he might get sacked soon after landing.

He coped it and decided as Emergency Services minister he actually should be working in his portfolio back home when his portfolio at a time when his portfolio is at its busiest most years. next day changed his mind.

He won't get sacked.

He is Gladys's number one attack dog.

New Zealand glaciers turn brown from Australian bushfires' smoke, ash and dust
Snow-capped peaks and glaciers discoloured as former PM says ash could accelerate glacial melting

Snow and glaciers in New Zealand have turned brown after being exposed to dust from the Australian bushfires, with one expert saying the incident could increase glacier melt this season by as much as 30%.

On Wednesday many parts of the South Island woke up to an orange haze and red sun, after smoke from the Victorian and New South Wales blazes drifted east on Tuesday night, smothering many parts of the island for most of the day.

On Thursday, pictures taken from the Southern Alps showed the smoke haze carrying particles of dust had tinged snow-capped mountain peaks and glaciers a shade of caramel, with former prime minister Helen Clark expressing concern for the long-lasting environmental impacts on the mountains.

Residents in Auckland and some parts of the North Island woke to an unusually bright orange sun on Thursday, thought to be a result of the bushfires 2,000km across the Tasman sea.

1578010772789.png

suit him up in yellow and send him to do some work in the South Coast then.

Perhaps you could tweet Gladys your suggestion?

His electorate is the Castle Hill Baulkham Hills area. If he dons the yellow overalls he'll stay local you would think,

They would know if someone is a volunteer firey though what are they using commodore 64s ? surely it can't be that hard just to automate payment to everyone in affected areas without them having to report their efforts online until the situation has calmed down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back