Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at shares in a local uranium company that supposed to start operations up again soon after being on some sort of hiatus for nearly a decade.

You need to do research on uranium prices and potential markets first. Who is the competition?

BHP and Rio Tinto have Australian uranium mines. Why aren’t they exporting it?

YgPhO4rIL2CZTfW6CfBwNsk-eho=.gif

Seriously how much lamer can the Supercars racing series get now?!

It can't.

If anything this might do it some good, bring back the group racing of the 80s.

It can't.

If anything this might do it some good, bring back the group racing of the 80s.

I'd be happy with the GT lineup from the recent 12 Hour race at Bathurst.

You trust all that s**t?

Aside from my lack of faith in that sort of tech what a boring future, we could just replace roads with conveyor belts to cities & industrial areas and hop on each morning of our pathetic lives.
I trust all that s**t waaaay more than I trust some meth head in his s**t truck commodore weaving in and out of traffic on MNR or the trucky asleep at the wheel!
We can have roads for conveyance and we can have roads for fun.

Last edited:
I truest all that s**t waaaay more than I trust some meth head in his s**t truck commodore weaving in and out of traffic on MNR or the trucky asleep are the wheel!
We can have roads for conveyance and we can have roads for fun.

I saw the aftermath of a three car rear-end crash on Grange Road just a couple of days ago. I guarantee you it was triggered by some baboon on their phone when they shouldn’t have been.

I too feel like we're reaching a point with technology where it's like, what's the point?
Noone is any happier because of it. I realise you can't stop progress but the idea that we're heading into an exciting future because of AI and high speed everything just doesn't seem real.

And yes I see the irony in expressing this on the Interwebs.

I’m as happy as a pig in s**t because of technology :)

I’ll give you one example of where AI and tech can make your world a better place.

Over in Western Australia, Lynas Mining has been given both Western Australian and Federal major project status to build a rare earth processing plant that will open in 2024. One of the main reasons why China produces 80% of the world’s rare earth isn’t because rare earth is particularly rare, because they don’t adhere to the same safety standards as other countries in the name of cheap production.

But if you’ve got an automated plant that is run by robots, you don’t have to worry about safety, because robots don’t get sick from the toxic fumes rare earth processing produces.

Think Blade Runner when you’re thinking about tech and AI. It’s meant to do the jobs that people can’t or won’t do unless they get paid a s**t load of money. As Jared Leto’s character said - production is built on the back of slave labour.

Speaking of rare earth materials Janus what do you reckon of this?

The state government has drained the Menindee Lakes twice in a three-year period. Meanwhile, a company has been drilling for rare earth metals in the dry bed of Lake Menindee.
There has been an explosion in demand for rare earth metals as they are used in numerous everyday gadgets and items such as computers, DVDs, batteries, mobile phones, catalytic converters, magnets and fluorescent lighting.
Recently, after the lake was mysteriously drained during a flood on the Murray, some 43 holes were drilled in the bed of the Menindee Lakes, with core samples put in refrigerated chests and flown out by helicopter.
The company told locals and workers they were drilling to find water but locals know there is no water there worth having because this had already been tried.
“This seems to have been a long-term conspiracy of mining companies and government for years, decades,” Merritt said. “It’s like they want to get rid of people and communities downstream of Bourke.
“Killing the river would be a good way to do that.”

Speaking of rare earth materials Janus what do you reckon of this?

Interesting. The way that this is interesting:

"Mining and energy company Lithium Australia has reported it has found anomalous lithium and tantalum samples that suggest mining potential on Kangaroo Island in South Australia.

“Early results from the Dudley prospect indicate good potential for a new LCT pegmatite field, and we look forward to extending our exploration coverage later in the year,” he said.

Lithium Australia found these anomalies while investigating the main Dudley pegmatite trend, which consists of approximately 30 intermittently exposed dykes up to 80m thick over a 450m span.

Lithium Australia believes that the combination of these dykes, the shallow cover over the site, and anomalous samples in unfavourable condition all point to the site being part of a lithium-caesium-tantalum (LCT) pegmatite system."

Easier to extend your exploration to places when a third of the island is burnt to a crisp, isn't it?

I don't believe that anyone deliberately does anything to damage the environment, but I do think that they will always take advantage of situations like drought and fire when they occur.

I know that the US and Australia have signed an agreement to search for rare earth minerals in Australia. Most weaponry that the Pentagon uses has some form of rare earth materials in it, and sourcing them from China would be seen as a strategic and security issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next thread title pls Ford Fairlane

One thing I don't mock you for. People aren't seeing the forrest from the trees anymore. Society is exactly as they've let it become.

Eg, the amount of bogans upset about Holden that haven't owned one for a decade or more for reasons no better than Aussie sedans weren't trendy anymore. The marketing machine tells them to buy SUV or twin cabs, be a man and put the motorbikes in the back and get away from the daily grind! Scale a mountain to the sounds of someone covering Fleetwood Mac!

I think people stopped buying Holdens because you can get as good quality and more practical cars built in Korea cheaper
Or better quality, similar price from Japan.

Australian cars haven't been fashionable since Steven Johnson was a-resting on the Shell No 17 drivers seat within Dick's sack

In all seriousness, most trivial things I enjoy in life are dying and being taken away. It's disheartening.

At what point does it end?

And no, the answer shouldn't have to be the point where I move on from the 20th century, like everything old is bad and outdated.

Can't even dangle in the old abandoned mine shaft like monkey bars just down the road from nans place near the Auskick oval anymore, they've gone and put a fence around it.

All those bad things that didn't happen in the last 50 years it's been like that just reached tipping point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait your argument for the future isn't encouraging and sad to think about is that they've closed down
a ******* old mine shaft? Pmsl

Go visit the memorial at the top of the hill and tell me again that's a bad idea

It would be a shame for Bathurst not to be in the spotlight, it's a truly great racetrack.

Hence why I mentioned the 12 hour race earlier. That needs to become the pinnacle for the Bathurst track.

Aston Martin, Bentley, Porsche, McLaren, Ferrari, BMW, Nissan, Ford, Mercedes Benz. Yes please.

I think people stopped buying Holdens because you can get as good quality and more practical cars built in Korea cheaper
Or better quality, similar price from Japan.

Australian cars haven't been fashionable since Steven Johnson was a-resting on the Shell No 17 drivers seat within Dick's sack

What is 'more practical'?

I think in general it's a shift in the market from family sedans.

Also, many of Holden's range was uh, Korean built.

Sure you can get similar for cheaper, but you could also pay much more for not much better in other brands. Maybe Holden and Ford and even Mitsubishi existed in that humble middle class range that is disappearing from society, it's either cheap now or top shelf.

People don't care about the Holden badge once manufacturing stopped here, plain and simple. What's the point of brand loyalty if you're not actually supporting local manufacturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back