Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised Bomber knows where all the weird old man clubs are.

Not surprised Bomber knows where all the weird old man clubs are.

lol. You know the ones I mean. Some nondescript shop front with no signage, usually in the suburbs, with a group of old men sitting at a table in the window and a few others outside smoking.

lol. You know the ones I mean. Some nondescript shop front with no signage, usually in the suburbs, with a group of old men sitting at a table in the window and a few others outside smoking.
The well dressed old italian guys sipping coffee looking like the prospect mafia.. fruit growers?

Something worth emigrating half way round the world for.

"So why have you come to Australia?"

"I wish to sit in darkened room with many men and smoke"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a blackout yesty, I popped in to the pub near work to see if they were out too and they were, but the beer was cold so I decided to have a beer by candlelight before returning to report it wasn't just us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edgie. Pair agricultural land with solar power generation. In the right places and configurations it can make certain crops up to 3x more water efficient to grow. Win win win.

But who wins?

It's like Adani needing groundwater for the mine. In little old backwards quaint Broken Hill, grey water is used for all mining needs. Why isn't that good enough for them? Is their not enough $$$ for everyone that way?

You can pop in to the Cockburn roadhouse or pub and find some good old fashioned rampantly intolerant behaviour. Some of them migrate out that way during the Heel fest.

Funny enough some of the more arty hipster types I know frequent the out of the pubs. They like them. The sort who wear 3/4 pants and no socks and scarfs in the summer.

But who wins?

It's like Adani needing groundwater for the mine. In little old backwards quaint Broken Hill, grey water is used for all mining needs. Why isn't that good enough for them? Is their not enough $$$ for everyone that way?

In this case:
- Famer uses less water to grow the same crop
- Power generator gains access to prime land for renewable energy
- Ecosystem is less exposed to pollution from power gen and less drain from waterways
- Community gets clean energy and cheaper food

Not sure what Adani has to do with this, other than being hopefully made redundant in a few years.

But who wins?

In this case:
- Ecosystem is less exposed to pollution from power gen and less drain from waterways

Not sure what Adani has to do with this, other than being hopefully made redundant in a few years.

In this case:

-solar panels use rare earth minerals from mines that do more damage to the environment than the farm does
-manufacture of solar panels and related equipment also produces significant environmental damage due to the fact that no solar company actually uses their own products to generate power due to the higher cost

Everything has a price.

-solar panels use rare earth minerals from mines that do more damage to the environment than the farm does
-manufacture of solar panels and related equipment also produces significant environmental damage due to the fact that no solar company actually uses their own products to generate power due to the higher cost

Everything has a price.
C'mon now is this actually a fact or did you read it in your astrological chart

C'mon now is this actually a fact or did you read it in your astrological chart

You think an industrial factory is going to run on solar panels? It's commercial reality - if the production cost is higher due to higher energy prices, they wouldn't sell one panel. Industry doesn't get solar rebates from power companies, you know.

In this case:

My point is that environmentally sustainable practices are already 100% achievable tomorrow, but that doesn't appeal to the current mentality of people that we elect to be the decision makers of these things, even when they are presented with financial upside.

At some point, and it is a point I am reaching too fast, ya just give up the fight. It won't be won in my meaningful lifetime.

Why the * is a giant mine still using fresh water? Why? It's a ******* disgrace and they should be blown up.

Not just the buildings, but the people inside them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back