Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think an industrial factory is going to run on solar panels? It's commercial reality - if the production cost is higher due to higher energy prices, they wouldn't sell one panel. Industry doesn't get solar rebates from power companies, you know.
An enormous 500-kilowatt (kW) solar photovoltaic (PV) system has just been installed by Autonomous Energy in Melbourne. Two thousand Kyocera solar panels now cover the roof of Toyota Australia’s Engine Factory at its Altona North plant.

That was 5 years ago.

I'm not disagreeing with the rest of your original post, just saying that no industrial buildings use solar is blatantly false
They only use it for the Nespresso machine in the smoko room.

Funny that Boris is introduced to his party with the song that has the line “Teenage Wasteland”

This year I chose Ports membership over underwear...

The ‘Undies Index’ and 3 other hidden indicators of a recession

1570096263314.png

Men’s Underwear Index
This quirky theory, which was developed by former US Federal Reserve chairman, Alan Greenspan, is that when men’s underwear sales decline, a recession is up ahead.

The assumption behind Greenspan’s 1970s Men’s Underwear Index is that men tend to view underwear as a necessity rather than a luxury, which means that product sales should remain steady, except during severe economic downturns.

Though widely criticised for its inaccuracy, Quartz reported that, since 2009, men’s underwear sales across North America increased by $1.1 billion, actually reinforcing Greenspan’s theory.

I'll put this here for now. The other night I picked up Choppy Pickett's cousin in my Uber and drove him home. I also shook hands with the great man and had a quick chat. On the way, his (pretty inebriated) cousin says...

"You remember that hit on Biglands?"
"Of course," I said.
"Ya know who he was going for?"
"What, not Biglands? I dunno, Ricciuto?"
"Nah, McLeod. I said 'why were you going for Macca?' He said 'Coz he's a c***"

lol, I laughed my ass off for about 5 minutes.

Funny that Boris is introduced to his party with the song that has the line “Teenage Wasteland”

4WIW, both Daltrey and Townsend have stated they are pro-Brexit in the broad definition of it.

And yes “Boris the Spider” ;)

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An enormous 500-kilowatt (kW) solar photovoltaic (PV) system has just been installed by Autonomous Energy in Melbourne. Two thousand Kyocera solar panels now cover the roof of Toyota Australia’s Engine Factory at its Altona North plant.

That was 5 years ago.

The first one is for marketing purposes and has nothing to do with energy efficiency. Autonomous Energy doesn't make anything, they are a design and installation consultancy company. You're not going to sell systems to other companies if you don't have one installed yourself.

I'll give you Toyota though. But the 500kW system they installed would have been next to nothing in terms of their power usage.

The problem with solar is that it's pretty inefficient. The best you're going to get is around 23% with current technology. They can make it more efficient, but the cost is too high.

"If we think about efficiency independently of cost, I believe that by 2035 we would have multi-junction solar cells with efficiencies reaching 60%. In theory, we should be able to reach about 85% as a possible ultimate limit, but I am not sure how practical it would be and when we would reach this value. Not during this century."

And then there's this:

"Bloomberg expects utility-scale solar to be 60% cheaper by 2040. What do you think?

I agree. The cost of manufacturing PV modules is still going down at an impressive rate, greater than 10% a year. All the other costs will continue to go down. I am fairly confident that we will reach that projection."

This was back in 2016. Now...why do you think there would be a reason for these kids to have 2030 as a date? Could it be that it's really all about money and this coming decade is the last opportunity to make money for jam by conning governments into massive subsidies for utility scale projects that will be half the price ten years later?

I think that's exactly what it's about.

In isolation the post above this one (just up there by sobrave ) is the single best post in this thread.

There will be no further discussion on this point.

NRL GF written up as the Mandarins vs the Millionaires. One Mandarin wants help from the SAS and ASIO. :)

If former spy boss Dennis Richardson had his way, nothing about the Sydney Roosters’ plans for Sunday’s NRL grand final would be a secret to the upper echelons of his beloved Canberra Raiders. Ahead of a match that pits the Roosters’ millionaire backers against the Raiders’ mandarin supporters, Mr Richardson is one of a large select group of public servants who will be supporting the Raiders as they attempt to end a 25-year premiership drought that began so long ago Paul Keating was still in The Lodge.

Mr Richardson — a former Defence Department secretary, ambassador to Washington and ASIO chief — told The Australian tongue in cheek that he would do anything to help the Raiders take home the premiership and had even tried to call in some favours, given his role leading a sweeping review of the intelligence community.

“When we beat South Sydney last week I got in contact with the Chief of the Defence Force, Angus Campbell, and asked him whether the SAS could do a job on the Roosters,” Mr Richardson said. “Angus said that would be improper. So I then turned to ASIO and the Australian Secret Intelligence Service and the Australian Signals Directorate, given the review I’m doing, and I asked whether they could do something to ensure we all had the secrets the Roosters might have for the game. “And for some bloody reason they’ve told me that would be improper.”

While the Raiders may have the numbers in the crowd on Sunday, with 65 per cent of tickets snapped up by the green army, the Roosters — who wield their own power base among business heavyweights in Sydney’s affluent eastern suburbs — are the favourites with the bookies to take back-to-back premierships.

Roosters chairman Nick Politis is a billionaire car retailer and the board boasts Wizard Home Loans founder Mark Bouris. Mark McInnes, chief executive of the Premier Investments retail group, is a former board member and life long supporter, while former Nine boss David Gyngell also backs the Roosters.

Raiders support runs deep in the public service elite. Former Treasury secretary John Fraser; his successor, Steven Kennedy; the outgoing head of Environment and Energy, Finn Pratt; the secretary of the Department of Communications and the Arts, Mike Mrdak, and former vice-chief of the Defence Force Ray Griggs all count themselves as fans. Allan Hawke, chairman of the Raiders board and a former secretary of Defence and diplomat, said the first step to Sunday’s grand final was outlined by Ricky Stuart in his first presentation to the board in 2014.

And for one day, with his beloved Cronulla Sharks out of the running, Scott Morrison will be barracking for Canberra.

Of course they are. They will not be impacted by the decision.

well yes they will be, positively if it does turn out to be "leave", in terms of the availability of fresh tax avoidance measures for those with sufficient wealth to plant some.

"Won't Get Fooled Again" is so full of irony now.

well yes they will be, positively if it does turn out to be "leave", in terms of the availability of fresh tax avoidance measures for those with sufficient wealth to plant some.

"Won't Get Fooled Again" is so full of irony now.

That is true. I should’ve added “adversely” to my comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back