Universal Love TRTT Part 9: Eat my ass you absolute man child

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lol Mad Max is possibly the most overrated film of the decade. The best thing about it is the thing I least about it: the score.

On scores, watching Jurassic World last night and I think I prefer the music in that to the original Jurassic Park scores by John Williams. Michael Giacchino is my favourite composer at the moment. Rogue One was the best scored Star Wars film this side of Revenge of the Sith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol utter bullshit. Fury Road was epic and objectively one of the greatest action films of all time, won more Oscars than any other film that year, 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and one of the most critically acclaimed action films in recent memory.

The only reason you could possibly have to dislike it is either have bad taste in movies, or you're dirty about some scenes being moved from Broken Hill to Namibia.

source.gif

Lol utter bullshit. Fury Road was epic and objectively one of the greatest action films of all time, won more Oscars than any other film that year, 97% on Rotten Tomatoes and one of the most critically acclaimed action films in recent memory.

The only reason you could possibly have to dislike it is either have bad taste in movies, or you're dirty about some scenes being moved from Broken Hill to Namibia.

It is an art house film under the guise of an action movie, that's why it was popular with the establishment and non action movie types. It was epic? They literally get to halfway in the movie then realise they're going in the wrong direction and turn around! What a compelling narrative!

It's entertaining but golly gee it isn't even in the top half of it's own franchise.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looks like little more than a re-skin of Force Unleashed, the same clunky gameplay and combat.

They really should have gone to Jedi Knight series for inspiration.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looks like little more than a re-skin of Force Unleashes, the same clunky gameplay and combat.

It looks like completely linear trash

It looks like completely linear trash

I got no issue with linear, the Wolfenstein games are some of my favourites games of current gen, and they are as linear as they were 20 years ago.

It's taken a long bloody time for us to get a new Star Wars game single player game as a Jedi and it looks like zero advancement on the last one and less than the one before that. Just ******* burn the franchise to the ground. Lucasarts made some great games in their own right, now they're gone and so is the quality.

I got no issue with linear, the Wolfenstein games are some of my favourites games of current gen, and they are as linear as they were 20 years ago.

It's taken a long bloody time for us to get a new Star Wars game single player game as a Jedi and it looks like zero advancement on the last one and less than the one before that. Just ******* burn the franchise to the ground. Lucasarts made some great games in their own right, now they're gone and so is the quality.

Or at least take the license away from the twats at EA, who are only interested in making MTX, lootbox infested garbage.

iirc, they have had the rights to the IP for about 5 years and have only released 2 titles, both being a multiplayer shooters with the second having a token SP campaign shoehorned in.

I feel Jedi Fallen Order was only made to shut the single players up and it'll ultimately be a token and shallow game before they announce another Battlefront.

Or at least take the license away from the twats at EA, who are only interested in making MTX, lootbox infested garbage.

iirc, they have had the rights to the IP for about 5 years and have only released 2 titles, both being a multiplayer shooters with the second having a token SP campaign shoehorned in.

I feel Jedi Fallen Order was only made to shut the single players up and it'll ultimately be a token and shallow game before they announce another Battlefront.

I'm in the minority where I like both Battlefronts, I honestly thought the first was going in the right direction, a more fun arcade like feel and the best multiplayer map I've ever played in a game (Hoth), it only suffered from lack of content a some gameplay issues that were TOO arcade like (no siderarm? piss off), but it was positioning itself as different from the seven million combinations of weapon and perks trying for realistic online shooter games. The second one definitely brought it more in line with the Battlefield games in response to the criticism that most had who really only wanted a Battlefield re-skin, but it's still quite fun and at least committed to all DLC packs for free.

So not only have they ****ed the single player aspect of development up, they also have ****ed the multiplayer side of the games up too.

I actually really hate most 'gamers', a more whingey entitled subculture of people you won't find, and they wreck most games they play with their complaining that leads to updates and patches and changed direction in future games.

In short, I don't blame EA as much for the failure of both Battlefronts as I do the customer base.

Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looks like little more than a re-skin of Force Unleashed, the same clunky gameplay and combat.

It looks like the Tomb Raider reboots, just with a lightsaber. Which is fine with me, I like Tomb Raider.

It looks like the Tomb Raider reboots, just with a lightsaber. Which is fine with me, I like Tomb Raider.

So do I although I haven't played the most recent.

What it doesn't look like is an improvement on previous single player Star Wars games, which given the time that has passed, it really should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back